LC is my new baking buddy. And today we’re baking her Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies.
Simply scrumptious Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal cookies made with two types of chocolate, dried cherries, and packed full of oats. Yum.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup medium brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and brown sugar together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture just until combined. Do not overmix. Stir in oats, cherries, and chocolate.
- Roll into balls (about 1 inch in diameter). Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until bottom edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans for a few minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes about 2 dozen large cookies.
What’re you waiting for? Get cooking with these chocolate cherry oatmeal cookies!