Double dark chocolate shortbread cookies
Seriously decadent double dark chocolate shortbread cookies for all you chocolate lovers out there.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 20 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder (such as Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, Cream the butter, cocoa powder and sugar together until completely combined and smooth. Add in the vanilla. Mix in the flour, and finish with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix!
Stir in the chocolate chips and turn the dough out onto a board and form into an smooth 8″ log (the dough will be sticky).
Wrap the dough in parchment paper and twist both ends to secure, shaping the log as you roll.
Refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight (you can also freeze the dough for later use).
When you’re ready to bake the dough, Preheat your oven to 325ºF. Slice the log into 1/3″ slices with a sharp knife. Put the slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. The cookies are ready, they will feel slightly soft. Don’t over-bake them because they’ll get really crunchy.
Cool for a few minutes on the pan and then transfer to a rack.
Recipe from The View From The Great Island.
Keywords: double chocolate, chocolate, decadent, easy, delicious, christmas