Why eat cake when you can eat CHEESECAKE? This Easy Birthday Cake Cheesecake is velvety rich, and studded with all natural, dye free sprinkles atop a buttery sugar cookie crust. It’s creamy, it’s rich, it’s decadent, and it’s super easy to make. Celebrate any day with this b-day cheesecake!
This post is sponsored by Philadelphia Cream Cheese. As always, all opinions are mine.
Easy Birthday Cheesecake
Why eat plain old cake on your birthday, when you could eat Birthday Cake CHEESEcake instead? And once you’ve tasted this super creamy, easy to make birthday cheesecake recipe, it’s a no brainer.
You know those people who “hate birthdays”? They don’t want to blow out candles, have a party, or make a big deal out of it.
That’s not me. I want to be spoiled rotten on my birthday. I want EVERYONE to wish me a happy birthday. And I want to eat birthday cake for every single meal.
What is birthday cheesecake?
Or in this case, birthday cake cheesecake AKA a silky smooth, sprinkle cheesecake with a sugar cookie crust. It’s made with dye free sprinkles!
It gives regular ol’ birthday cake a run for its money, and makes you wonder why you’ve never made cheesecake for your bday.
Especially when it’s so darn easy to make!
And though cheesecake gets a bad rap for being tricky, we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeves to make this birthday cheesecake the easiest cake ever (no messy layers, frosting, or having to perfectly fold your cake batter!).
How to make the best birthday cake cheesecake recipe:
You all know that we test our recipes until they’re absolutely perfect. That way you don’t have to worry about cracked tops, rubbery texture, or fallen cheesecakes.
And, guys, we’ve perfected this recipe. Not to toot my own horn, but this cheesecake is easily the best cheesecake you’ll ever have.
Tips for making birthday cheesecake:
This birthday cheesecake recipe is made in one bowl with just 7 ingredients! In simple desserts, high quality ingredients are SO important. Which is why we use Philadelphia Cream Cheese. It makes a foolproof, velvety, rich cheesecake every single time. It’s a no brainer!
- Make sure ALL ingredients are at true room temperature: I cannot stress how important this is. The Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese, eggs, and sour cream must all be at room temperature in order to beat together into a creamy, clump-free cheesecake.
- Blind bake the cookie dough crust: Baking the cookie dough before pouring the cheesecake batter over it will give you a crunchy cookie crust, and prevent the cookie dough and cheesecake from dissolving into one another.
- Don’t over bake the cheesecake: The last thing you want is an over baked cheesecake. It turns out rubbery and sad. Only bake the cheesecake until it is just set in the middle–about 55 minutes!
How to prevent cheesecake from cracking
Cracked cheesecake tops can seem impossible to prevent, but it’s actually super easy to get that smooth, crack-free top on your birthday cake cheesecake with just a few simple steps!
- Don’t overbeat the eggs: If you beat air into the eggs they can cause bubbles and cracks in your cheesecake. Our advice? Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until it’s super creamy and then only mix in the eggs until just combined!
- Bake the cheesecake at a low temperature with added water: Fill a 9 x 13 inch pan with water and place it on the bottom rack of the oven while the cheesecake bakes. This will create a steamy, humid environment for the cheesecake, which prevents any cracking!
- Leave the cheesecake in the oven after baking: Big changes in temperature = cracks. After the cheesecake is done baking, turn off the oven and open the door. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for an hour to come to room temperature slowly!
This festive, fun and easy birthday cake cheesecake is the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion.
But who really needs a birthday to celebrate? Not me, that’s who.
Make this easy birthday cheesecake recipe any day of the year for the ultimate everyday treat!Print
Easy Birthday Cake Cheesecake
Why eat cake when you can eat CHEESECAKE? specifically birthday cake cheesecake AKA a velvety rich cheesecake studded with all natural, dye free sprinkles atop a buttery sugar cookie crust. this birthday cheesecake recipe gives regular ol’ birthday cake a run for its money!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
- 16 ounces store bought sugar cookie dough
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dye free natural sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9 or 10 inch springform pan with parchment paper on the bottom.
- Grease the sides of the pan well. Press the premade cookie dough into an even layer. Bake the cookie dough crust for 20 minutes to blind bake it.
- Take the crust out of the oven and put in the fridge to chill. Turn the oven down to 325°F. Fill a 9 x 13 inch pan with water and place in the oven to create a water bath for the cheesecake. This will help to prevent any cracks.
- While the crust chills, make the cheesecake. Whip the softened cream cheese, room temperature sour cream, and granulated sugar together in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and then the eggs one at a time, beating until just combined. Fold in the natural sprinkles. Do not over mix or the colors will bleed!
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the sugar cookie crust in the springform pan. Drop the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles. Carefully place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 55 minutes, rotating the cheesecake halfway. Do not over bake! The cheesecake will still be wobbly in the center, but this is correct!
- At the 55 minutes mark, turn off the oven and open the door to the oven slightly. Leave the cheesecake in the turned off oven for an hour to allow the cheesecake to cool down gradually. After an hour, take it out of the oven, run a knife along the edges to release from the pan and set on a cooling rack for 1 hour to come to room temperature completely before transferring to the fridge to set overnight!
- When ready to serve, release the springform pan and remove the rim of the pan carefully. Top with whipped cream and slice into 16 slices for the ultimate birthday treat!
Keywords: birthday cake cheesecake, birthday cheesecake