Bread. Parm. Zucchini. AKA Zucchini Parmesan Focaccia. YUM.
Zucchini Parmesan Focaccia
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: bread
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
for the dough
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 package instant dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
for the topping
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (or any other small seed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl of a stand mixer. In a separate bowl, whisk together the warm water and yeast. Add the olive oil.
- With machine on low and using a dough hook attachment, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. When the dough begins to come together, increase speed to medium and continue to mix until the dough is shiny and smooth. If the dough is too wet and isn’t coming together, add 2 to 4 additional tablespoons of flour (stop the machine once to scrape sides if you need to).
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and work with your hands a little bit to form a smooth, round ball. Coat a large bowl with nonstick spray. Place dough in the bowl and spray the top lightly with nonstick spray as well. Cover the bowl with a clean dish towel. Turn your oven on 400°F and let it warm up for 1 minute. Turn it OFF. Turn ON the oven light. Place your covered bowl of dough into the warmed oven until the dough doubles in size- 50 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the dough onto a well-oiled cookie sheet with 1 inch sides. Using your fingers, dig into the dough, creating small dimples. Brush the dough with half of the olive oil mixture.
- Cut the zucchini into thin slices and place on top of the dough. Brush the rest of the olive oil mixture over the zucchini and dough, and sprinkle the entire thing with parmesan. Bake for ~10 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
Keywords: easy, homemade, fresh, in season