Elvis’s favorite combo, peanut butter and banana, come together in popsicle form along with a sinful dip of chocolate in these Elvis Popsicles!
Since I was little, I’ve loved the peanut butter and chocolate combo. It’s umami and richness and sweet and salty all at the same time.
Back in the day, my sister and I invented these things called Zebra Droppings. It was literally a spoonful of peanut butter drizzled in melted chocolate and frozen (zebra because of the striped drizzle, duh). Clearly we were bakers (read: sugar lovers) from the start.
So any time I can marry peanut butter and chocolate, I am one happy girl.
Like me with pb & choc, Elvis was a huge fan of pb & banana. So I decided to give these babies a name fit for a king, if you will.
But unlike Elvis’s signature butter-slathered peanut butter and banana sandwich on white, these ice pops are made with non-fat greek yogurt. So when you’re noshing on these you’ll be getting some good protein and way fewer calories than a traditional Elvis-inspired eat.
Meanwhile, how PRETTY are they?! I just love them.
And as a follow-up to that, a huge thank you to my readers. It’s because of you that I am able to pursue what I love. Your support and encouragement has kept me motivated to succeed, and I thank you for it. I love you all!
Stay up to date with all things Broma on:Print
Elvis Popsicles (Peanut Butter, Banana, & Chocolate Popsicles)
- Yield: 10 popsicles 1x
For the popsicles
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain (unsweetened) yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Popsicle Mold
For the chocolate
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening (like Crisco)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped finely
- In a blender or food processor, combine peanut butter, yogurt, sugar, milk, banana, and vanilla extract, blending on high until smooth.
- Pour into the popsicle mold, fit with sticks, and freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once completely frozen, make your chocolate. Combine chocolate chips and oil over a double boiler on low heat until melted. Dip each popsicle into the chocolate, then sprinkle immediately with peanuts (the chocolate will freeze fast!).