Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your hunny with these easy, gluten free mini chocolate cakes for two! Made with a gluten free chocolate cake mix AKA super easy, and a homemade strawberry buttercream! Fudgy, chocolatey and the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert for two!
This post sponsored by ALDI. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!
Happy almost Valentine’s Day, my lovebugs! Forget about love, Valentine’s Day means chocolate…okay maybe both, but mostly chocolate. And this year we’re celebrating all things chocolate with this easy, gluten free mini chocolate cake for two!
Frost those perfectly portioned mini chocolate cakes with a festive pink frosting made with fresh strawberries (easy, delicious, and preservative free), and you’ve got yourself the perfect V-day treat!
What ingredients will you need for these easy mini chocolate cakes?
I have something exciting to share about this easy Valentine’s Day recipe: you’ll only need 8 ingredients to make these cute as buttons Valentine’s Day mini chocolate cakes for two:
- liveGfree Gluten Free Chocolate Baking Mix
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh strawberries
- Baker’s Corner
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla extract
And the best part is, you can find all of these ingredients at your local ALDI! When we’re baking for an occasion like Valentine’s Day, I want my grocery shopping to be a one-and-done deal. Does anyone enjoy hunting down the exact ingredients they need from multiple grocery stores?! I think not.
Especially when you’re also trying to make homemade valentines, host a Galentine’s, or bake for a school bake sale. We love ALDI because we can get each and every thing we need there, and can always count on it to be high quality and affordable!
How to make gluten free mini chocolate cakes
This chocolate cake for two recipe is about as easy as it comes thanks to liveGfree Gluten Free Chocolate Baking Mix. I am so over any judgment about premade baking mixes. It’s just smart to use them – they’re essentially just premeasured dry ingredients.
But sometimes you don’t need a whole cake, you know what I mean? Which is why we made this recipe for 4 cupcake sized chocolate cakes, using a cup of the premade cake mix!
How to make strawberry buttercream with fresh strawberries?
These mini gluten free chocolate cakes for two are topped off with a pretty pink strawberry buttercream made with real strawberries. This strawberry buttercream is super easy to make and packs a powerful strawberry flavor without any fake flavoring!
- Puree the strawberries: Pulse 2 – 3 strawberries in a food processor a few times (don’t over mix because they release too much liquid) or mash them in a mortar and pestle to get 1 tablespoon of strawberry puree.
- Beat the butter and sugar together: Make a small batch of traditional buttercream icing by whipping together softened butter with Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar.
- Add the strawberry puree: Fold in the strawberry puree. Don’t overmix because this can cause the frosting to separate.
- Frost!: Pipe a frosting rose onto the top of your mini cakes!
Now it’s your turn to whip up these gluten free mini chocolate cakes for your boo this Valentine’s Day!Print
Mini Chocolate Cakes for Two (Gluten free!)
Celebrate V-Day with your boo with these easy gluten free mini chocolate cake for two! Made with a g-free chocolate cake mix and strawberry buttercream!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: cake
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: dessert
For the chocolate cake
- 1 cup of liveGfree Gluten Free Chocolate Baking Mix
- 1 Simply Nature Grade A Organic Brown Egg
- 3 tablespoons water3 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the fresh strawberry frosting
- 2 Tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon fresh strawberry puree
- 1 cup Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease four muffin cups liberally. Set aside the muffin tin.
- Combine the egg, water, vegetable oil, and whisk to combine. Measure out 1 cup of the lifeGfree Gluten Free Chocolate Baking mix and add to the wet ingredients. Whisk together until completely combined and no clumps remain.
- Divide the batter between the 4 greased muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the cakes spring back to the touch. Run a butter knife along the edge of the mini cakes and allow to cool before turning out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
- Let the cakes cool fully to room temperature while you make the strawberry buttercream. Mash up a few strawberries using a mortar and pestle or by pulsing a few times in a food processor. Beat the butter, strawberry puree, Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar and salt together until fluffy.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Flip over the mini chocolate cakes and frost a rose onto the tops! Sprinkle with rose petals and enjoy!
Keywords: mini chocolate cake, gluten free mini chocolate cake, chocolate cake for two