So as you probably know, I am NOT gluten-free. In fact, I would argue I’m extra gluten-tolerant. As in, when I don’t have flour and bread and pasta, I feel bad.
No like for real tho.
So when it comes to baking with gluten- and grain-free ingredients, I’m VERY picky. Like, just because something is gluten-free, that doesn’t mean it has to be tasteless… right?!
Case in point: Simple Mills. I was first turned onto these guys by my best friend Ambitious Kitchen when we baked with a few of their mixes for a post of hers years ago. I learned that Simple Mills is a baking company with an entire line of gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly baking mixes.
Skeptic to gluten-free things, I didn’t know what to think. But it was truly love at first bite; I quickly fell in love with quite literally everything that Simple Mills makes. Their almond flour crackers have become my go-to for cheese boards, their artisan bread and pizza dough mixes make fantastic pizza crusts, and their muffin & cake mixes are versatile and delicious. Everything tastes remarkably homemade, and everything is made entirely with ingredients you can pronounce.
So today I bring to you a gluten-free, grain-free Peppermint Chocolate Donut topped with a dark chocolate ganache and crushed peppermint candies. I made them using Simple Mill’s Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix.
These donuts are as delicious as they sound, and I just love that they can please gluten-free and gluten-loving folks alike. They’ll surely be on at least a few of my holiday brunch spreads this year.
You can find Simple Mills products at one of my fave stores (go figure), Target, here. And be sure to pick up a box of those almond flour crackers, too. You’ll love ‘em.
Without further adieu, I hope you enjoy these guys, and happy December!!!Print
Grain Free Peppermint Chocolate Donuts
Ultra moist dairy-free and grain-free baked Peppermint Chocolate Donuts made topped with a dark chocolate ganache and candied peppermints. NOM.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 donuts 1x
- Category: donuts
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: gluten free
For the donuts:
- 1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
For the peppermint chocolate ganache:
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3–4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large donut baking tray liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until well combined. Pour mixture into donut molds, filling ⅔ of the way up.
- Bake donuts for 15 minutes, then allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the ganache, melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler (start with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, adding the 4th tablespoon if the mixture is too thick). Once melted, remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
- Dip each donut into the peppermint chocolate ganache, shaking off any excess chocolate before placing back on cooling rack to set. Sprinkle donut with crushed peppermint candies. Serve!
Keywords: gluten free, grain free, chocolatey, decadent, peppermint, christmas, moist
This post is sponsored by Simple Mills. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!