You know when you want a muffin for breakfast, but also want to be like, kiiiiiind of nutritious? Look no further, my angels. These healthy peanut butter banana muffins are made with just 8 ingredients that you probably already have, 1 single bowl, and are downright scrumptious. Plus they’re loaded with chocolate chips, so you know I’m eating at least 3 🙂
How to make Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Gluten free, refined sugar free, and easily made vegan, these muffins are made with just 8 whole, simple ingredients that won’t break the bank. Made in just one bowl, mix together the bananas, peanut butter, honey, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Add the oat flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips and fold together until just combined. Scoop into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes.
Before you know it, you’re eating muffins.
These healthy peanut butter banana muffins take about the same effort it takes to make pancakes, so pretty much have no excuse to not make these for breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning. Or like any morning…
How to make gluten free peanut butter banana muffins vegan
This recipe is easily made vegan by swapping out the honey for maple syrup and the eggs for flax eggs! One of our favorite things about this recipe is how easily it’s modified. So go ahead and make it vegan, or swap out the chocolate chips for raisins, add in some coconut flakes, or just bake as is for a delicious and easy treat 🙂
Happy Sunday and happy peanut butter banana muffins baking. See you all tomorrow for another recipe 🙂Print
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
These healthy peanut butter banana muffins are tender, moist, and full of tasty pb flavor!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cups, and spray the muffin cups with an oil-based spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the bananas, peanut butter, honey, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add the oat flour, baking powder, and salt and fold to combine. Add the chocolate chips. Make sure to not over mix.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling just shy of the top of the cups. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then, without opening your oven door, turn the oven down to 350°F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*If you don’t have oat flour on hand, you can make your own by placing 1 1/4 cups of oats in a blender or food processor and pulsing until the consistency of flour!
Keywords: easy, one bowl, 1 bowl, gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan, healthy, filling, the best