Instant Pot Mushroom Wild Rice Soup is a hearty vegetarian soup recipe that is easy to make and perfect for fall. Best of all, this soup recipe can easy be made on the stove if you don’t have an instant pot!
Instant Pot Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
Yesterday I hiked a mountain, so today we rest. Which for me, means cuddling up with a cozy blanket in this Fall weather, with a good book, a cup of tea and a big bowl of soup. Specifically this easy as pie Instant Pot Mushroom Wild Rice Soup that is hearty, delicious, and pretty much my favorite thing to eat right now.
This Homemade Instant Pot Soup Is So Easy To Make
Ahh soup. Love of my life. So cozy, so warm, so easy to cram in tons of extra veggies in all that flavorful broth…and so easy to make. Once you learn how incredibly easy it is, you’ll be making homemade soups all Fall and Winter long. If you have an instant pot, you can just throw all your ingredients (aside from the flour and a 1/2 cup of half and half) into your pot for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, add the half and half and flour mixture to thicken up the soup, cook for 10 minutes and you’re eating homemade soup in under an hour. Score!
How To Make Mushroom Wild Rice Soup Without An Instant Pot
If you don’t have an instant pot, you should get one. It’s seriously life changing. But no worries, if you don’t! You can easily adjust this recipe–it will just take a little longer.
- Sauté the vegetables (onion, garlic, celery, carrot) in a little bit of olive oil.
- Add the base (in this case vegetable stock and half and half), herbs, seasoning, rice, and the mushrooms.
- Simmer for 2 hours. Taste to see if anything need to be added.
- Mix together the remaining half cup of half and half with the flour. Add to the soup and continue to simmer for another 20 minutes. Serve hot!
This Mushroom Wild Rice Soup Is Both Hearty And Healthy
Recently I’ve been cutting back on my meat consumption and I love how easy it is to make a good hearty meal out of soup. This vegetarian mushroom wild rice soup is made with wild rice, celery, carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and thyme. It doesn’t sound like much, but when it all simmers down, it’s downright scrumptious.
Serve it up with a generous hunk of a crusty baguette and you’re in for a good meal.
Can You Freeze Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Soup?
This mushroom soup recipe will make about 6 servings of soup, which can be too much if you’re cooking for two or just you. Luckily you can store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months! We actually love freezing soup because it does take a while to simmer and develop all those deep flavors. This way, the next time a rainy day rolls along you can simply defrost your soup, heat it up, and have homemade soup in minutes!
Happy Monday and happy soup season to each and every one of you. We hope you enjoy this mushroom wild rice soup just as much as we do!Print
Instant Pot Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
Instant Pot Mushroom Wild Rice Soup is a hearty soup recipe that is easy to make and perfect for fall. Best of all, this soup recipe can easy be made on the stove if you don’t have an instant pot!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped mini bella or shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice (can use wild rice blend, but real wild rice preferred)
- 4 cups stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- salt, to taste
- Place chopped onion, celery, carrots, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, thyme, rosemary, mushrooms, wild rice, and stock into your Instant Pot. Seal and place on high pressure manual mode for 35 minutes. Allow to release using the steam valve on top.
- Once the pressure is released, remove the lid and program Instant Pot for sauté mode for 10 minutes.
- Use a small mixing bowl and fork to mix together flour and 1/2 cup of the half and half, creating a thick paste (doing it this way will ensure no flour bumps make it into your soup!). Stir in the remaining half and half, then add to your now simmering soup. Allow soup to thicken for 10 minutes before removing from heat and serving!
Keywords: homemade soup recipe, soup recipe, mushroom soup recipe, instant pot soup recipe, instant pot mushroom soup, best instant pot soup, mushroom and wild rice soup, mushroom wild rice soup