Nutella Meringues: Pillowy meringue cookies swirled with ribbons of rich nutella.
I just explained to my mom and Rebe what SEO is.
Why? Because I wanted help coming up with a good name for these cookies. Do I call them Nutella Meringue Cookies, Swirled Nutella Meringues, or just Nutella Meringues?
My mom immediately goes “Oh! Oh! What ab-”
“Wait, Mum. Remember that you have to keep SEO in mind.”
“Search Engine Optimization. Like, what words people search for.”
She then says, “Oh, OK. So you wouldn’t want ‘Nutellarangs.'”
Rebe giggles. “No!” I say.
Later, as I leave the room, Mom goes “Well what about Merangatellas.”
I laugh and go to our sunroom. Minutes later Rebe runs in and says “If you put orange in them you could call them Orangatangs!”
All I can say is I love my family.
Whatever-you-call-them-arangs aside, these babies are winning in my book. Crunchy outsides with marshmallow-like centers cut with ribbons of nutella? Four for me, please.
This is one of those posts where I will employ my favorite phrase, pillowy clouds.
Things that are pillowy clouds: cotton candy, thick churros, mousse, meringues. These Nutella Meringues especially on account of their cloud-like shape.
I mean, what are you waiting for? Is your mixing bowl out yet? It should be.
Stay up to date with all things Broma on:Print
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup nutella
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites on high speed until light and foamy. Slowly add in sugar, cream of tartar, and salt, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form and the sugar granules absorb completely.
- Heat the nutella in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds, then stir. It should be completely liquified, but if not, nuke it for another 15 seconds.
- Scoop 1 large spoonful of nutella over the meringue. Do not fold it in.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out the meringue onto the lined cookie sheet. Clean your scoop between each scoop. Drizzle a small amount of nutella over each cookie. Swirl the back of a clean spoon in a circular motion on the top of the cookie to flatten it slightly and swirl the nutella.
- Bake the cookies for 1 hour, then allow to cool completely before serving.