I could not be more excited about today’s post: an Orange Marmalade French Toast Bake!
But this isn’t a regular French Toast Bake. It’s topped with Bonne Maman’s Orange Marmalade Preserves, giving this brunch dish a glossy finish and a lovely sweet, floral aroma that might as well be straight out of an orange grove.
I was fortunate to travel to Paris last year with Bonne Maman, and if I was a Bonne Maman lover before the trip, I became a die-hard fan following it. We tried what must’ve been over fifteen preserves, jellies, and curds, met with some of their executives, and learned the in’s and out’s of the Bonne Maman brand.
One thing I just loved learning? Bonne Maman roughly translates to “grandmother,” which is very fitting considering their full line of products is made entirely with ingredients found in your (or your grandmother’s) kitchen. And Bonne Maman has never changed a recipe since the company’s founding 🙂
So yeah, I’m a Bonne Maman girl for life. Which is why I’m SO excited to bring you all today’s recipe; I truly believe in this company and am so impressed with both the ideals of the company and the products they put out into the world.
Alright Orange Marmalade French Toast Bake. Let’s chat about it. Easter is around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about your Easter Brunch spread.
And while regular French toast is delicious, it’s also time-consuming. Dipping each individual slice of bread into eggs, waiting for each piece to fry… when you’re putting together an entire brunch, no one’s got time for that!!
This French Toast Bake is so perfect because it combines the taste of French toast with the ease of a bread pudding. It uses two loaves of challah (brioche works great, too!), 10 eggs for that custard texture I just love, and is topped with Bonne Mamans Orange Marmalade Preserves for a unique presentation and phenomenal taste. And it’s SO springy!
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this recipe. It’s going to be the centerpiece of my Easter brunch spread, and I for one am already getting hungry thinking about it!Print
Orange Marmalade French Toast Bake
This buttery and bright Orange Marmalade French Toast Bake is perfect for Sunday brunch. It comes together in a pinch and will have everyone coming back for seconds…or thirds 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: french
- 10 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- zest of 2 large oranges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 loaves of brioche bread
- 1/2 jar Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade
- Butter or grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, orange zest, salt, and vanilla together until completely combined. If your brioche isn’t sliced yet, slice into 1 inch thick slices and then cut those in half into triangles. Arrange the bread in your prepared pan in 2 layer. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, making sure to coat every piece. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to let the egg mixture soak up.
- 12 hours later, remove the french toast from the fridge and preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the french toast for about 40 minutes or until the egg mixture is almost set. While the french toast bakes heat Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade in a small sauce pan until it is warm but not bubbling. Take the french toast out of the oven, and use a pastry brush to brush the the top of the french toast, covering it in a thick layer. Place french toast back in the oven and bake for 10 more minutes. Allow to cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: orange marmalade, orange, orange zest, citrus, casserole, breakfast bake
This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!