HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYYY BABIES! The leaves are changing, the air crisp and it is finally sweater weather. Which means we are craving all things pumpkin, apple, spiced, squash…basically all the Fall flavors. That’s where these paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies come in. Soft and tender with a melt in your mouth crumb, these healthy pumpkin cookies are uber moist and packed full of all that cinnamon spice Fall flavor we’re gobbling up right now.
If you’re not paleo don’t be scared off by the name! We certainly do not follow a paleo diet yet we did, in fact, eat every last one of these cookies.
Yes, these cookies are paleo, but they are also gluten free, grain free, flourless , refined sugar free, vegan, keto friendly, and most importantly delicious. Made with real whole ingredients that make your body feel good, and your tastebuds happy too.
What ingredients do you need for Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
You’ll need just 10 ingredients to make these healthy pumpkin cookies!
- pumpkin puree
- almond butter
- almond flour
- vanilla extract
- eggs (or flax eggs!)
- maple syrup
- all spice
- dark chocolate
The best part? This is a 1 bowl recipe AKA easy prep and easy clean up.
How to Store Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are super moist because of the pumpkin and almond butter. We found they kept best in a single layer in an air tight container. If you want to stack them we’d recommend putting sheets of parchment or wax paper between them to prevent any sticking! The cookies will keep at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for up to 7, or in the freezer for 3 months!
I’m going pumpkin picking this weekend, so it seems pretty fitting to make these healthy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to celebrate 🙂
What’re you all doing to celebrate this perfect Fall weekend?Print
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: paleo
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature (or flax egg if vegan!)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin, almond butter, egg, vanilla syrup, and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and spices to the wet ingredients, mixing until everything is combined. Fold in the chopped chocolate. Cover the dough and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but up to overnight.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the cookies out by the tablespoon, rolling between your palms to create round balls. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly using the palm of your hand to 1/4 inch thickness. This will help the cookies bake more evenly.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the edges are set, but the centers are still a little raw. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Keywords: paleo, flourless, easy, gluten free, healthy