Who remembers the hierarchy of school lunches in middle school? There were kids who bought lunches every day, kids who brought boring sandwiches and an apple, and kids who brought a whole thermos of last night’s dinner or something.
And then there were kids that had amazing lunches with crustless sandwiches, fruit cups, Lay’s chips, and Dunkaroos. They were the envy of the cafeteria. They had lunches that made all the other kids swoon and ask for a bite, please. They had peanut butter and fluff.
Peanut butter fluff. Quite possibly the best brown bag lunch sandwich to ever exist. Perfect in every way — soft bread, creamy and salty peanut butter, and sweet and velvety fluff.
Are you getting hungry?
I can just see it now: those fat, sticky sweet sandwiches that made my mouth water. Of course I haven’t had one in about forever. But it’s ok, because I now have Peanut Butter Fluff Cups. Basically, take a Reese’s cup and spin it on its head. White chocolate instead of dark, and the added bonus of a dollop of marshmallow fluff in the middle. Aren’t they just adorable?
And made with only 5 ingredients! And they take next to no time at all! And they taste delish. 5 stars for Peanut Butter Fluff Cups.
Tips for making homemade peanut butter cups
Have a bowl of water handy — These white chocolate peanut butter cups require a lot of rolling. First, you roll the sweet peanut butter mixture into balls, and then you repeat the process with the homemade marshmallow fluff. Rolling the fillings into balls makes it easier to fill the homemade peanut butter cups, but it can make your fingers super sticky! To help combat that, have a small bowl of water on hand. Dip your fingers into the water between rolling the PB and fluff to make your life easier.
Don’t overheat the white chocolate — White chocolate can seize up and become unworkable if it’s overheated. To prevent this from happening, melt the white chocolate over a double boiler and make sure the top bowl isn’t touching the boiling water underneath.
Use less powdered sugar, if desired — For a less sweet peanut butter fluff cup, add less powdered sugar to the PB. And if you’re using an already sweet peanut butter, like Skippy, you might not need the sugar at all.
Happy hump day, and to those of you in the snowpocalypse, take care! Print
- 4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until combined. On a piece of wax paper, roll peanut butter mixture into 24 half-teaspoon balls and set aside.*
- In another small bowl, microwave the mini marshmallows for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir in corn syrup. On another piece of wax paper, roll fluff mixture into 24 half-teaspoon balls and set aside.*
- Set out 24 mini cupcake molds on a large baking sheet. Melt 1.5 cups of your white chocolate in a double boiler, being very careful not to overheat the chocolate or it will seize. Spoon a little less than 1 teaspoon of white chocolate into the bottoms of each mini mold. Bang the baking sheet several times on a hard surface to even out the chocolate. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Place a peanut butter ball in the center of your mold, flattening slightly but not so much that it reaches the edge of the mold. Using your fingers, flatten the fluff ball into a small pancake the size of a dime. Place on top of peanut butter. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Melt the rest of your white chocolate in the double boiler. Scoop 1.5-2 teaspoons of white chocolate over the molds and again bang the baking sheet several times on a hard surface to even out the chocolate. Allow to cool in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, then serve!
*It helps to have a small bowl of water at your side. Dip your fingers into the water before rolling out your balls. This will help to prevent sticking and will help to hold the balls together.
More peanut butter desserts from Broma Bakery:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Mini Peanut Butter and Jelly Pop-Tarts
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread