Chai chai chai! Pistachio Chai Muffins are here and they are here to STAY. So, if you’re ready to meet your new fav muffin read on.
Pistachio Chai Muffins
I combined my two fav flavors (pistachio and chai) to make these mean pistachio chai muffins that are seriously delicious. Pair with a cup of tea and you’re off to a good day!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
for the muffins
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed medium brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster (white) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tea bags blended chai tea, opened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray (or oil)
- 1/3 cup shelled dry-roasted pistachios, chopped
for the drizzle
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Next, prepare the chai. Use scissors to open the tea bags and add it to the flour mix. If the tea is coarse rather than fine, pulse in a food processor prior to adding it to the flour mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into greased or lined muffin cups. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the muffins cool, make the icing. Blend together the powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon water. Drizzle over top of the muffins.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Keywords: easy, breakfast, brunch, chai