For the rhubarb
- 7 stalks rhubarb (on the thinner side)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
For the cake
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup wildflower honey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
On a large sheet pan, toss rhubarb to coat in sugar, orange zest, and orange juice. Let sit while you make your cake.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, eggs, both sugars, honey, orange juice, orange zest, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Fold in all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring until just combined.
Cut rhubarb stalks to size so they fit the entire length of the 9×13 pan. Cut the remaining/leftover stalk pieces into 1/2 inch pieces. Fold pieces into cake batter.
Spoon cake batter into prepared pan. Top with the longer rhubarb stalks.
Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, until just golden brown. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Leave a comment and rate this recipe!
Looks amazing, loving these flavor combos!
Love Bob’s products! This is such a beautiful, simple cake!
Love all the flavors in this!
I love that honey drizzle – beautiful cake!
Lovely and easy. I need to buy a few of the ingredients and then I’m making a beautiful cake!