These chocolate peanut butter cups are seriously woah. Peanut butter and chocolate is quite possibly my favorite duo. It’s as if when you combine the two a new flavor is created. It’s not quite chocolate, but it’s not quite peanut butter…
Brilliant, I know. But seriously. Winning combo. And as Friend Lanie will tell you, I love my sprinkle of salt. It’s like a little kick that brings out the flavors even more. WOOHOOOO
Salted chocolate peanut butter cups!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 18 cups 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
- 1 cup salted peanut butter
- 2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- sea salt, for dusting
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioner’s sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Using teaspoon-sized measurements, roll the peanut butter mixture into balls, then push down to form small coin-like circles. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, mixing in between each blast (this will prevent the chocolate from overheating and burning).
- While the chocolate is heating, set up the cupcake liners on a cutting board or other flat surface. Once melted, spoon teaspoon-sized dollops of chocolate into the cupcake liners.
- Next, set in the peanut butter coins from earlier. Spoon another dollop of melted chocolate over the peanut butter, creating swirls with a spoon to smooth out the chocolate. Finally, sprinkle the tops of each cup with a pinch of sea salt. Transfer the cups to a fridge or freezer, allowing to cool thoroughly before eating. Nom nom nom.
Keywords: decadent, homemade, reeses