I’ve been wanting to make seven layer bars, or “Magic bars,” for some time now. Finally I got all the ingredients (Except butterscotch chips. That would’ve been awesome. Next time). Regardless. These bars are so ridiculously good. A little piece of heaven exists within these bars. It’s somewhere in between the honey graham crust and the melted semisweet chocolate, I think.Print
Seven layer bars
Decadent and rich Seven Layer Bars with coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips over a buttery graham cracker crust. Read on at your own risk.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 large squares 1x
- Category: desserts
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
- 16 graham cracker sheets, blended in a food processor until fine crumbs (about 2 cups)
- 1 stick salted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Melt the stick of butter, then combine with the graham crumbs and honey in a medium bowl. Spread and firmly pack the graham mixture into a greased 9″x9″ glass pan.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the graham layer, followed by the chocolate chips. Now, I didn’t have butterscotch chips, but if I had had them, I would’ve added them in. 3/4 of a cup would be a perfect addition. Drizzle the can of sweetened condensed milk over the top. Last, sprinkle with walnuts and marshmallows. If you’d like more or less of each you may add or subtract to your liking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the marshmallows become golden brown. Upon removing from the oven, immediately run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting.