Is there anything that says classic baking more than a moist banana bread? Me thinks not. Of course, sometimes it’s fun to do something a little extra to your banana bread. I love banana bread with chocolate chips. And banana bread swirled with nutella. Or peanut butter banana bread. Or dare I say…snickerdoodle banana bread?
How to spice up your classic banana bread recipe?
Oooh baby! The possibilities are nearly endless. But one thing I’m loving as Fall is around the corner? Banana bread with cinnamon sugar, aka what I like to call Snickerdoodle Banana Bread.
Think the classic banana bread you know and love, but jazzed up with a hint of cinnamon spice, a luxurious cinnamon swirl and coated on all sides with cinnamon sugar that turns into a delicious crunchy exterior as it bakes.
It’s pretty wonderful.
One thing that’s super important to me in baking is using real ingredients. You’ll never find fake butter or sugar on this blog, because I so believe that if you use high quality ingredients and eat in moderation, baking with real butter and sugar is the best.
So I was so excited to hear about a new product from my friends at Domino: Golden Sugar. It’s made from pure cane sugar, is less processed than white sugar, and yet works cup-for-cup just like white sugar. It imparts just a hint of molasses flavor, and bakes into your desserts like golden perfection.
I used Domino® Golden Sugar entirely in this snickerdoodle banana bread, and I have to say, I’m obsessed. Like, why wouldn’t I want a deeper flavor in my baked goods, while baking with something less processed and that works just as well as white sugar? It’s a no-brainer for me, dawg.
Now that it’s Fall (sort of) I’ll just be baking up a storm until January with all the golden sugar and cinnamon spice I can possibly eat. And you can bet I’ll be making this Snickerdoodle Banana bread more than once (or twice) this Fall!Print
Snickerdoodle Banana Bread
Take your classic banana bread to the next level with this moist, fluffy snickerdoodle banana bread with a cinnamon sugar swirl.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
- Butter, for coating loaf pan
- 1 1/4 cup Domino® Golden Sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 extremely ripe (even brown) bananas, mashed
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup greek yogurt (non-fat or full-fat works)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a loaf pan with butter.
- Combine ½ cup Domino® Golden Sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of the cinnamon sugar mixture around the inside of the loaf pan, coating it as best as possible. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas with melted butter, stirring to combine. Whisk in remaining ¾ cup Domino® Golden Sugar, eggs, greek yogurt, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter. Pour the rest of the batter on top and repeat with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan and serving!
Keywords: easy, cinnamon sugar, fall, cozy, easy, spiced, snickerdoodle, cinnamon spice
This post is sponsored by Domino Sugar®. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!