These scrumptious strawberry crepes are stuffed with Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread and whipped cream for a perfectly sweet way to start the day!
This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!
Happy almost Mother’s Day to all you mamas out there! Usually for Mother’s Day my sister and I get together with my mom for a special Mother’s Day Brunch to celebrate. I’m talking champagne, waffles, coffee cake…the whole nine yards. While we won’t all be together with everything going on this year, you can bet we’ll be celebrating over video chat with one of my mom’s favorites: scrumptious strawberry crepes!
What are strawberry crepes?
Crepes are pancake’s skinny French sister. Picture a super thin pancake that is stuffed with different fillings. You can have savory crepes with goat cheese and mushrooms or sweet crepes with bananas and nutella…the options are endless. My mom’s favorite crepes? Strawberry. They’re light, perfectly sweet, and our favorite breakfast for Spring!
And you can’t have strawberry crepes without a killer strawberry filling. That’s where Bonne Maman comes in. We stuffed these strawberry crepes with light whipped cream and Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread. And because these crepes are made with Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread, they sneak in a generous amount of fruit with 39% less sugar than regular preserves, so you can feel good about starting your day off with this sweet, but light brunch!
Ingredients for Strawberry Crepes
While crepes might feel like a fancy treat you’d only eat while on vacation or out for brunch, they’re actually surprisingly easy to make and only call for a few ingredients.
- Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread
- Whipped Cream
- Maple Syrup
Tips for making Strawberry Crepes
We absolutely love this strawberry crepe recipe because it’s super easy, calls for minimal ingredients you probably already have on hand, and comes together quickly in a blender. And yet, eating crepes make you feel like you’re dining at a cute cafe instead of your living room.
- Don’t overmix the crepe batter: Unlike pancakes, you do not want fluffy crepes. Too much air in the batter can create bubbles which will give your crepes a weird texture. Only blend the crepes until the batter is homogenous and then stop!
- Liberally grease your pan: Because crepes are so thin and big, you want to make sure your cooking surface is very well coated to prevent any sticking or tearing!
- Go big on the fillings: Crepes are a delicious blank canvas for allll the fillings Load them up with whipped cream and Bonne Maman INTENSE fruit spreads for a sweet treat!
Bonne Maman is one of my absolute FAVORITE ingredients to bake with because it’s flavorful, accessible and the quality is consistently top notch. From their classic preserves, to their luscious lemon curd, and INTENSE fruit spreads, I can always count on Bonne Maman. Especially right now, when you’re not able to get your hands on fresh ingredients, Bonne Maman is the perfect way to pack in all that fresh strawberry flavor in a shelf stable jar.
And their newest line, Bonne Maman INTENSE Fruit Spreads, is quickly becoming a staple in our kitchen! It contains 39% less sugar than regular preserves, uses simple natural ingredients, and is packed full of big pieces of real, juicy strawberries, so it truly does taste like you’re eating fresh fruit with each spoonful. Which makes it the perfect filling for these strawberry crepes!
How to serve up a virtual Mother’s Day Brunch for Mom:
I grew up cooking and baking with my mom–it’s something we’ve always bonded over. So it only seems fitting to celebrate her and all the fun recipes she raised us with by cooking together! Even though we can’t be together, I’ll be celebrating my mom this Mother’s Day with a virtual brunch. And you can too! I made my mom a little care package with the 7 ingredients she’ll need to make these strawberry crepes and a bottle of champagne. We’ll cook together and feast together over Facetime.
Cheers to you, Mama!Print
These scrumptious strawberry crepes are stuffed with strawberry jam and whipped cream for a perfectly sweet way to start the day!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 crepes 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: french
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 8 ounce jar Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Liberally grease a medium sized frying pan with cooking spray and set over medium heat to warm up.
- While the pan warms up, make the crepe batter. Place the eggs, melted butter, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt in a high powered blender and blend until homogenous. Do not over mix.
- Use ¼ cup measure to drop the crepe batter into the warm skillet. As soon as the batter hits the center of the pan, lift the pan from the stove entirely and roll in a circular motion to the batter moves evenly around the skillet to form a tin circle.
- Cook for about 30 seconds, or until the crepe begins to bubble around the edges and goes from gloss batter to a matte surface. Use a spatula to flip the crepe over and cook the other side for around 30 seconds. Transfer the crepe to a drying rack. Repeat with the remaining crepes.
- In a stand mixer fit with the whisky attachment, whisk the heavy whipping cream until it forms soft peaks and is light and fluffy.
- To serve the crepes, spread one half of the circle with a big dollop of whipped cream and a heaping tablespoon of Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread. Fold the crepe into thirds. Top with powdered sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup for the ultimate breakfast treat!
Keywords: strawberry crepes, homemade crepes, crepes