When you’re hungry, The Munchies Brownies got you covered: fudgy brownies topped with a sweet and salty combination of pretzels, peanuts, chocolate, potato chips, caramel, and sea salt!
You know those times when you just crave something decadent? Dangerous, perhaps? When all you want to do is take a huge bite of something chocolatey, or salty, or crunchy? That’s the munchies.
You’ve just gotta get your hands on some food, and it’s gotta be good. Bad for you good.
Well, friends, say hello to The Munchies Brownies.
I’m just going to tell you: these do not have… em… a special ingredient in them. That’s not the goal. The goal is to eat the most delicious, chocolatey, crunchy, salty-sweet, fun brownie ever.
Goal = achieved.
Look at that close up. How ridiculous are these?! I’m laughing. They’re great.
They take no time at all to make, and you can really top them with whatever ingredients you have on hand. Popcorn would be delicious. Maybe even some smoked sea salt!
But in all seriousness, if you made these for your friends how could they not get the munchies and want to eat the entire pan.
Unless your friends have restraint. Which, good for them, I guess.
Stay up to date with all things Broma on:Print
The Munchies Brownies
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 9 brownies 1x
For the brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the toppings
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pretzels, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- handful of potato chips
- 1/4 cup caramel
- a few pinches sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Remove from microwave, stir in sugar, and melt both for 30 seconds. Stir again and melt for 60 seconds more. You want the sugar and butter to bubble up slightly, but not burn. This amount of time should do the trick.
- Remove mixture from microwave and stir in bittersweet chocolate. This should melt the chocolate completely. If it doesn’t, put it in the microwave for another 15 seconds. Whisk in all other ingredients.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined 8″x8″ pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, pretzels, peanuts, and potato chips, then drizzle everything with the caramel. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan, sprinkling with sea salt, and cutting into 9 large squares.