Today we challenge something that we once thought of as a universal truth: no other food exists that is better than cinnamon rolls. Now you are probably saying, “Sarah, of course this is true,” and listen, I understand. But hear me out….chocolate cinnamon rolls. As in cinnamon rolls made with CHOCOLATE. I never thought I would say this…but chocolate rolls are superior to cinnamon rolls.
And I’m going to change your mind too.
What are chocolate cinnamon rolls?
Chocolate cinnamon rolls are made with a traditional cinnamon roll dough, but instead of filling them with butter and cinnamon sugar, they’re filled with chocolate spread, mini chocolate chips and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Which is pretty much my favorite flavor combo. Ugh guys, I cannot wait for you to make these and try them for yourselves.
You get all that gooey goodness of cinnamon roll, with the welcome addition of chocolate.
These chocolate filled rolls are perfect for this holiday season. And the best part? They’re ready in an hour.
SAY WHAT?! Yes! 1 hour.
How to make cinnamon rolls quickly:
I know I’m not alone in my love for cinnamon rolls. And I also know that I am not alone in my hatred for the lengthy process it usually takes to make them. Sure, you could have a store bought one, but a homemade cinnamon roll (or chocolate roll) fresh from your oven is just so much better. Unfortunately, traditional cinnamon roll recipes usually require multiple hour long rises.
To which Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast and I say, ain’t nobody got time for that!
Thanks to Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast you can have homemade chocolate cinnamon rolls on the table in an hour. In your belly in an hour and 35 seconds 🙂
Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast is a fast acting yeast that makes baking homemade so easy. Simply mix the yeast in with your dry ingredients–no need to activate in water! With just one thirty minute rise, this dough comes together super quickly and bakes up into a dreamy, soft, perfectly cakey, slightly bready dough that is the perfect match for a cinnamon chocolate filling.
One of these babies hot from the oven. Drooling.
Let’s break it down step by step!
How to make Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
Step One: Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast in a large bowl.
Step Two: Make a well in the center and add the butter, milk, and eggs.
Step Three: Using your hands, stir everything together until it forms a dough. If your dough is too wet, add another ¼ cup flour.
Step Four: Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the texture smooths out. Place the dough in a loosely covered bowl to proof for just 30 minutes.
Step Five: After 30 minutes, roll the dough out into a 16” x 24” rectangle.
Step Six: Spread the chocolate spread over the dough. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and cinnamon.
Step Seven: Starting from long end, roll the dough up into a tight log. Slice into 12 equal pieces.
Step Eight: Place in a greased 13 x 9″ pan and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
Step Nine: Drizzle with cream cheese glaze and devour.
I can’t wait to make these easy chocolate cinnamon rolls all Holiday season long. From Thanksgiving vacation and Christmas brunch to New Year’s Eve getaway, we’ll be making these delicious chocolate rolls for years to come! Print
Nothing says holiday baking more than cinnamon rolls…except maybe CHOCOLATE cinnamon rolls. These pillow soft cinnamon rolls are filled with chocolate, drizzled wit the most perfect cream cheese icing and absolutely scrumptious. Best part? They’re ready in under an hour.
For the chocolate cinnamon rolls
- 2 ¼– 2 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet of Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- ¾ cup milk, warm
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, room temperature and beaten
- 1 cup chocolate spread
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the cream cheese glaze
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan melt the butter. Add the milk to the butter, whisking to combine until the milk is warm. Set aside.
- Combine 2 ¼ cups of the flour, sugar, salt, and Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the milk and butter. Add the beaten eggs and use a spatula or your hands to combine. The dough will be wet. If it is too wet to work with add in ¼ cup more of flour.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. The dough should smooth out and become less tacky. Form the dough into a ball and place into a greased bowl. Cover and leave to proof in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9 pan with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- Turn the risen dough out onto a liberally floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a 16” x 24” rectangle. The dough should be thin. This means more swirls! Spread the chocolate spread evenly over the rectangle. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and cinnamon.
- Working from the long edge, roll the dough into a log, pinching the ends so it stays together. Using floss or a very thin string, cut off the ends of the dough where there is not enough filling. Score the dough into 12 equal pieces and then cut the dough into 12 buns. Place the buns into prepared pan. There will be space between the buns, but they will puff up when they bake!
- Bake for 35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. If the rolls start to get too brown, cover with tinfoil.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the cream cheese glaze. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the powdered sugar, cream, cream cheese, vanilla, and salt. Whisk together until no clumps remain and bring to a simmer. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cinnamon buns and serve hot!
This post is sponsored by Fleischmann’s®. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!