This buttery no churn Mascarpone Ice Cream is swirled with homemade salted caramel and spiced rose & pink peppercorn almonds. Best yet? No ice cream maker required!
Guys. I’m SO excited about today’s post. Why? Well first, ice cream. Mascarpone ice cream. It’s the creamiest, butteriest ice cream I’ve ever had due to the ingenious way it’s made.
But I’m getting ahead of myself. The other reason I’m so excited? Rose & Pink Peppercorn Almonds.
It all started last year when I was doing marketing for a group of restaurants in Michigan. One of the stores sold a ton of Made In Michigan products, and we’d often have samples in the back for the staff to try things out. One day I walked into the office and three employees were going to town on what looked like candied nuts.
“You’ve gotta try these!” one told me.
I bit into what was a Coconut Lavender Almond and my eyes went wide. I felt like Remi in Ratatouille when he tastes food and hallucinates shapes and colors of all sorts. The combination was on-point, and I wanted more.
Besides taking an entire bag for myself, I decided to look into these delicious nuts a little more. They were made by a company called Lush Gourmet out of Kalamazoo. It was created by a girl named Bisera who, like me, decided to follow her own path and start a company. And all at the ripe age of 21!
Bisera started Lush Gourmet back in 2011, and the company has been growing ever since. Lush Gourmet specializes in high-quality candied nuts flavored with innovative spices. Each batch is handcrafted by Bisera herself–an admiring feat.
This girl was awesome. Naturally, I followed her on Instagram, got a follow back (woohoo!), and the rest was history.
Fast forward to a few months ago when we decided to do a little collaboration. I was happy to create a recipe using her products, and even more happy to tell the world of my love affair with these nuts.
Like guys I can’t get enough of them. Dark Cocoa Chili Peanuts, Coconut Orange Peel Almonds… yes.
One of my favorite of the Lush Nuts are Bisera’s Rose & Pink Peppercorn Almonds. Real rose petals give the nuts a wonderfully floral quality, which is offset beautifully by spicy pink peppercorns.
I decided to let these nuts shine in a mascarpone ice cream. And to make things accessible to all, I made it a no churn ice cream!
That means no ice cream maker required. All you do is whip up some heavy cream, mix in the remaining ingredients, and freeze.
It’s almost too easy, because now I want to make ice cream all the time. And I can.
But back to Lush Nuts. This week I am hosting a GIVEAWAY! One lucky reader will win a Deluxe Mini Peanut & Almond Sampler Pack (A $50 value!). All you have to do is enter in the widget at the bottom of this post. And if you don’t, you’re missing out on the best nuts this baker’s ever had. But no pressure.
Last, because I want to make sure anyone that possibly can try these nuts, if you purchase anything from Lush Gourmet online, you can receive 20% off with the code ‘bromabakery’ at checkout. So everyone’s a winner 🙂
Happy ice cream making, good luck, & may the odds be ever in your favor!
Stay up to date with all things Broma on:
No Churn Mascarpone Ice Cream with Salted Caramel + Rose & Pink Peppercorn Almonds
For the ice cream base
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages Rose & Pink Peppercorn Almonds
- homemade salted caramel (recipe follows)
For the homemade salted caramel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
Make the homemade salted caramel
- In a medium saucepan, heat the sugar on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Use a spatula to occasionally stir the sugar, getting to the bottom of the pan. At first the sugar will be lumpy, but will soon melt and start turning a brownish color. Don't stir too often, just enough to keep everything evenly cooking.
- After 5 minutes, the sugar should become fully melted. Once it becomes a dark amber hue, remove from heat immediately and stir in butter. The mixture will violently bubble. You're doing it right.
- Use your spatula to stir the butter and sugar until they melt together completely. This can take 1-2 minutes.
- Next, pour in the heavy cream and sea salt. Use your spatula to stir until everything is combined. Place back on the stove for about 30 seconds, stirring the whole time. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Make the ice cream
- Line a large bread pan with parchment paper. Chop the Rose & Pink Peppercorn Almonds into small pieces. Set both aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the mascarpone, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt, and continue to beat until the mixture holds stiff peaks, about 30 seconds more. Fold in all but 2 tablespoons of the Rose & Pink Peppercorn Almonds.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the salted caramel over the ice cream. Do NOT fold it in. Carefully scoop half of the ice cream into the bread pan. Pour a few more spoonfuls of salted caramel over the remaining ice cream in the bowl and scoop it into the bread pan.
- Sprinkle the ice cream with the remaining nuts, then freeze for at least 12 hours before serving!
This post has been graciously sponsored by Lush Gourmet. All opinions are my own.