Keeping things classy with olive oil chocolate chip cookies, loaded with huge chunks of dark chocolate and sea salt!
When I think of baking, I think of chocolate chip cookies. They are one and the same to me.
Not just any cookie. A soft, chewy brown sugar chocolate chip cookie, with layers of chopped chocolate. So you kind of get a whole chocolate bar with your cookie. You know?
These cookies deliver just the right ratio of chocolate to dough, so you don’t have to go searching for the placement of all the chocolate chips on your cookie before taking a bite, as to ensure you eat the chocolatiest part.
And now for a total change of pace. I’ve just decided (like literally now) that every Wednesday I’m going to list off some of my favorite goings on around the web. This came about directly because I kept meandering off to search the web while trying to write this post. So why not share those things with you all?
We’re doing it. Because Wednesday needs a little fun to get us through the week.
Ew, I’m sorry. Those were the the stupidest things I’ve ever heard. Please halp.
This adorable 3 year old is the best teacher
What I’d do for this chocolate bourbon mousse cake
I have to say, I can’t stop dancing to this
Too pretty to eat? Nahhhh. But almost.
This house getting a winter haircut
Who wants to go to Tasmania?
Thai Tea is my favorite iced beverage
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (I use Challenge butter!)
- 2 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- scant 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, olive oil, egg, both sugars, salt, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Scoop dough using a 2 ounce cookie scoop, keeping about 1 inch between each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. They will continue to bake once out of the oven!! Allow to cool slightly before topping with flaked sea salt.