But like guys. I’m not joking when I say I made these maple chocolate chip cookies three times in one week. And I’m not even mad about it. In fact, I’m proud. Because this chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe is so good it caused me to abandon my regular baking schedule in favor of making these cookies over and over again.
Chocolate chip cookies are my thing. I absolutely love them. I even have a chocolate chip cookie recipe named after my mom. So me liking these cookies so much I made them multiple times is a big deal.
Alex and I kept the cookies in a tupperware container for a week and even on Day 7 they were ooey-gooey chewy. It’s totally because you underbake them (aka the only way to make cookies).
I don’t know about you guys, but I am soOo excited for December because it unofficially marks cookie season. It’s a fact that people make the most cookies in December (according to me). They’re the most delightful, happy-making nuggets of joy out there. So why not make a warm, chewy chocolate chip cookie with real maple syrup? No seriously, why not? Me wants.
How to make these maple chocolate chip cookies
I know I say this about all of my cookie recipes, but these chewy chocolate chip cookies are SO EASY to make. (I mean, how else do you think I managed to make them three times in a week?). To make these maple chocolate chip cookies, you first need to cream together the salted butter, two types of sugar, and pure maple syrup. It’ll take a few minutes for the mixture to fluff up, but you shouldn’t skip this step!
Once the butter, sugars, and maple syrup have become light and fluffy, add in the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Then, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients and continue mixing until just combined (you never want to over mix cookie dough!). Use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chunks, and then scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
You only need to bake these maple chocolate chip cookies for 10 minutes. They will look pale and under baked, but 10 minutes is the sweet spot, I pinky promise! Slightly under baking the cookies makes them ultra chewy and incredible.
Dunk these cookies in a big glass of milk and be prepared to taste heaven.
Happy almost cookie-month, people. Let’s celebrate with a batch of these 🙂
These chewy Maple Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good you may make them three times in one week (not that I did or anything...).
- 6 tablespoons Challenge salted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons maple extract or maple flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate, cut into large chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two cookie sheets and set aside.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and maple syrup for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, maple extract, vanilla extract, and salt, and beat for an additional minute. Pour in flour and turn the mixer to its lowest speed, working in the flour only until it incorporates.
- Remove from mixer and fold in chocolate chunks. Use a 2 ounce cookie scoop to scoop cookies onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Listen, I know they'll look super underdone, but I've made this recipe a jillion times and 10 minutes is the magic number. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to sit on the baking sheet, untouched, for 10 minutes. They will continue to cook and crisp up around the edges during this time.
- Once the cookies have sat for 10 minutes, you can remove them from the cookie sheet and serve!
This post was sponsored by Challenge Dairy. All text and opinions are 100% my own.