When I think of baking, I think of chocolate chip cookies. They are one and the same to me.
Not just any chocolate chip cookie, though. I’m talking about a soft, chewy brown sugar chocolate chip cookie, with layers of chopped chocolate. So you kind of get a whole chocolate bar with your cookie. You know? These chocolate chip olive oil cookies deliver just the right ratio of chocolate to dough, so you don’t have to go searching for the placement of all the chocolate chips on your cookie before taking a bite, as to ensure you eat the chocolatiest part.
How to make these olive oil chocolate chip cookies
This is arguably the easiest cookie recipe I’ve made to date. You’ll first need to combine the melted butter, olive oil, egg, sugar, salt and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Then, mix in the flour and baking soda, and fold in the chocolate chunks once everything else is combined.
Scoop out the cookie dough using a two-ounce scoop, and place on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. You only need to bake these olive oil cookies for about 12 minutes, or until they’ve turned a lovely golden brown. Let these cookies rest on the baking tray for a few minutes before sprinkling on the sea salt.
Are you convinced yet that these are the world’s easiest cookies? I can’t think of any way to make the baking process simpler!
These olive oil chocolate chip cookies will stay fairly fresh in an air-tight container on your counter, but these babies are best within the first two days. If your cookies go a little stale, pop them into the oven for a few minutes at a low heat to “refresh” the flavor (it’s crazy, but it works!).
And now for a total change of pace. I’ve just decided (like literally right now) that every Wednesday I’m going to list off some of my favorite goings on around the web. This came about directly because I kept meandering off to search the web while trying to write this post about chocolate chip olive oil cookies. So why not share those things with you all?
We’re doing it. Because Wednesday needs a little fun to get us through the week. But what should I call it? In the bromnews? Bromlinks? Ew, I’m sorry. Those were the the stupidest things I’ve ever heard. Please halp.
This adorable 3 year old is the best teacher Print
What I’d do for this chocolate bourbon mousse cake
I have to say, I can’t stop dancing to this
Too pretty to eat? Nahhhh. But almost.
This house getting a winter haircut
Who wants to go to Tasmania?
Thai Tea is my favorite iced beverage
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (I use Challenge butter!)
- 2 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- scant 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, olive oil, egg, both sugars, salt, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Scoop dough using a 2 ounce cookie scoop, keeping about 1 inch between each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. They will continue to bake once out of the oven!! Allow to cool slightly before topping with flaked sea salt.
More chocolate chip cookie recipes from Broma Bakery:
Candied Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Best Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies in the World
Chewy Maple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brownie-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies