This post is sponsored by ALDI. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank You for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!
Can we all agree that cookies and milk are one of the best combinations of all time? For me, at least, they signify ultimate nostalgia, bringing me back to afternoons with my mom.
We’d bake chocolate chip cookies, eating full spoonfuls of dough before sending trays of cookies into the oven. And somehow I’d still have space left in my tiny belly for warm cookies and milk 15 minutes later.
Because some cookies just beg to be eaten with a glass of cold milk.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are one of those cookies. They’re perfectly chewy, soft, and studded with peanut butter morsels. It’s that sweet and sliiightly salty combo that I just love. Amiright?
Of course, with the holidays being such a busy time, it’s important for me to create recipes for you guys that are easy, hassle-free, and that don’t take hours to prepare.
I’m super excited to be teaming up with ALDI on this recipe for that reason. Their stores make shopping so easy (every ingredient for this post was sourced at ALDI!) and I can’t get over how reasonably priced everything is.
And as a bonus, they have a wide variety of diet-friendly alternatives for many of their products. For gluten-free folks, their liveGfree line is fab, and for dairy-free folks, they’ve got Friendly Farms Coconut and Almondmilks.
That means your milk and cookies sourcing isn’t just a one-stop-shop trip, but also a trip where you can get things for all types of dietary needs.
To check for the nearest ALDI store to you, check out their store locator here. And happy milk and cookie-ing, lovelies!
- 4 oz salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed Simply Nature Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Baker’s Corner Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Baker’s Corner Peanut Butter Morsels
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until the mixture becomes light and sugar mostly incorporates, about 2 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Next, add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, stirring until just combined. Gently fold in the peanut butter morsels, being careful not to overmix the dough.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough (I use a 1 oz cookie scooper) onto cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches of space in between each ball of dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before serving with a glass of milk!