This deliciously gooey, yet crunchy Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie has all the salty-sweetness of a traditional pecan pie with the addition of bourbon and chocolate.
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
Nothing says Thanksgiving more than a good ol’ fashioned pecan pie. Wellllll, except maybe Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie.
Don’t get me wrong, we love a classic pecan pie, but this updated version of the quintessential Thanksgiving pie takes the cake…err the pie? You get that deliciously gooey, yet crunchy texture and salty-sweetness of a traditional pecan pie with the welcome addition of bourbon and chocolate.
Yes, that’s right. BOURBON. CHOCOLATE. PECAN. PIE.
What’s not to like?
I think we can all agree that Thanksgiving is pretty much the best holiday of all time. Maybe even the best day of the year. Family and food is pretty much my ideal combo.
Plus, it’s always a good sign when you can’t decide the best part of a meal. Turkey? Stuffing? Cheesy potatoes? it’s the feast of all feasts.
And no feast is complete without a killer dessert. That’s where this chocolate pecan pie comes in.
I’ve never been a huge pie person, but I’ve ALWAYS made an exception for pecan pie. Specifically one loaded with chocolate chunks. The crust is flaky and tender, the pecans crunchy and salty, the chocolate rich and dark. It’s a texture and flavor explosion that I can really get behind.
Plus it’s so darn easy to make!
And when we’re making pecan pie, you know we’re using Karo® Light Corn Syrup. It’s the best of the best and the only way to make a foolproof pecan pie. I love corn syrup because it’s not so sweet that it will overpower all the other awesome flavors in whatever dessert you use it in–candies, pies, ice creams, fudge..the options are endless!
Plus it provides sweetness and moisture, meaning it doesn’t dry out or crystalize when it bakes (AKA the perfect silky smooth texture to complement those crunchy toasted pecans).
Tips for the Best Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Prep your crust ahead of time: Use a pre-made store bought crust, or prep a homemade one in advance to make this recipe super easy!
- Invest in good ingredients: Pecan pie only requires a few ingredients, so splurge on the good butter, high quality pecans, great chocolate, and, of course, Karo® Light Corn Syrup.
- Build in chill time: This chocolate pecan pie recipe needs to rest and cool before you can eat it. I usually make this a day in advance and refrigerate it overnight.
How to Make Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie:
Pecan pie is so easy to make it’s downright dangerous. Read on at your own risk.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the Karo® Light Corn Syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, salt, vanilla, and bourbon until well mixed. Stir in the toasted pecans and chocolate.
- Pour the filling into an unbaked pie crust and use a spatula to even out of the filling.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the filling is set and the edges of the crust are golden.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
One bowl, 5 steps, 5 minutes of prep time and you’re left with a truly decadent dessert that tastes like you spent hours making it.
Are you sold? I thought so.
Sprinkle with some sea salt and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, I mean…I won’t tell anyone if you make this before Thanksgiving. You know to taste test and confirm that it will be the perfect ending to Thanksgiving.
Spoiler alert: It will be.Print
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
Take your pie game to the next level this Thanksgiving with this Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie. Loaded with chocolate chunks and a splash of bourbon, this pecan pie is the perfect ending to your Thanksgiving feast!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Pie
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust (store bought or homemade will work!)
- 3/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans (roasted & salted preferred)
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Karo® Light Corn Syrup, brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, salt, vanilla extract, and bourbon (if using). Add the chopped chocolate and pecans and stir to combine.
- Transfer to the pecan filling to the prepared pie crust, using a spatula to smooth the pecans and chocolate into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and place tin foil over the pie to prevent the crust from getting too brown. Cook for an additional 20 minutes with the foil.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 2 hours in the fridge before serving!
Keywords: pecan pie, chocolate pecan pie, easy pecan pie, how to make pecan pie
This post is sponsored by Karo® Corn Syrup. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!