One hour is all it takes for this moist coconut loaf drizzled with chocolate ganache and shredded coconut!
So chocolate walks into a bar, and he sees coconut sipping on a martini. He walks over, buys her another round, and by the end of the night the two are madly in love.
Flash forward to today, they are married and enjoying life together as this Chocolate Coconut Bread. Things couldn’t be better.
Oh how I love a good love story.
August is a crossroads between “it’s still hot” and “I want to eat like it’s fall.” Even though my school days are over, I consider back to school the beginning of the year over the calendar year. I absolutely love this time. When the afternoons are still long and you’ve finally gotten a decent summer glow going (thank you, Irish complexion), but also when you’ve had a relaxing few months and are ready to go back into work mode. Hard.
Everyone is still wearing dresses and shorts, but there is an electricity in the air. People are coming back from vacations, planning their fall schedules, and shopping for sweaters.
If August were a baked good, it would be Chocolate Coconut Bread. It has the summery flavor of coconut, but the warmth of fall with its richness. It is light enough for a late summer night, but it also feels like a perfect transition away from peaches and figs and towards pumpkin and apples.
This bread is absolutely packed with flavor, and is easy enough that you won’t be fussing in your kitchen for hours on end. In fact, one hour is all it takes to make this beauty.
Luckily, I’ve still got one more trip to look forward to before fall begins. Tomorrow I’ll be flying to Michigan to visit Alex for his birthday. Then next week I’m headed to see my amazing blogging friend Monique of Ambitious Kitchen. It should be the perfect way to wrap up this summer.
Maybe I’ll bring some of this bread with me on the flight 🙂
Stay up to date with all things Broma on:Print
Chocolate Coconut Bread
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
For the bread
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend
For the ganache
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ~1/2 cup shredded coconut, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and coconut extract. Beat in the eggs, then toss in the shredded coconut.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the Almond Breeze into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until the loaf is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before glazing.
- To make the ganache, melt the butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir in the chocolate. If the chocolate doesn’t fully melt, put the mixture into the microwave for 15 more seconds.
- Drizzle the loaf with the ganache, then top with more shredded coconut!
This post is graciously sponsored by Almond Breeze. All opinions are my own.