A tropical coconut orange bread topped with coconut glaze and candied coconut orange almonds!
The thing you asked most for in my reader survey was for more breads & cakes. It was the top category, chosen by 38% of you next to brownies and bars (36%) and cookies (15%).
So you can bet I’m bringing my cake A-game to the blog this year. Starting with this luscious Coconut Orange Bread.
Of course it wouldn’t be complete without my favorite nuts, Lush Nuts. I’ve talked about how much I love them multiple times before, but for those of you who haven’t heard, these nuts are the bee’s knees.
My dear friend Bisera makes Lush Nuts in Kalamazoo, Michigan. She’s a one woman shop, making, packaging, and marketing everything herself.
I first found out about her and Lush when I worked at a specialty food store in Ann Arbor. The staff couldn’t get enough of these candied nuts with interesting flavors. I couldn’t either. I was hooked.
I mean, lavender coconut almonds? Get out of town.
I’ve partnered with Bisera this time around to create a delectable coconut orange bread topped with coconut glaze and her Coconut Orange Peel Almonds. They add the perfect crunch on top of the loaf, and are a great alternative to a streusel.
Of course, make sure to save a few nuts for yourself, because if you don’t you’ll end up picking them off the top of the bread like I did.
Whatever happens after a photoshoot happens, OK? Print
For the bread
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package Coconut Orange Peel Almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large (1.5 pound) loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar, eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, and orange zest. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds, then pour over the bread. Top with Coconut Orange Peel Almonds.
This post has been graciously sponsored by Lush Gourmet. All opinions are 100% my own.