Do you like pizza? Do you like spinach artichoke dip? Read on if the answers are yes…if not you can just show yourself the door. I joke–you can check out some other pizza recipes. But, holy cow guys. This Spinach Artichoke Pizza was the most DELICIOUS thing we’ve made in weeks. And this is coming from girls who make roughly 10-12 tasty things a week. So you know we know what we’re talking about when we say this cheesy, creamy pizza spin on our favorite party dip is about to become a staple around here.
Spinach artichoke dip? In pizza form?!
While I am a diehard margherita pizza fan, I absolutely love going to pizza places (hello CPK) and seeing all the fun flavor combos they’ve come up with: cheeseburger pizza, bbq chicken, eggplant parm, dessert pizza…the toppings seem endless. And don’t even get me started on the variations: deep dish, thin crust, flatbread, doughy…I mean quite frankly I love them all.
And this Spinach Artichoke Pizza is certainly no exception
I mean look at this CHEEZZZZZZY pull.
How to make Spinach Artichoke Pizza?
Lemme break it down for you into 4 easy steps.
- Buy a store bought pizza dough and prepare as instructed.
- Make spinach artichoke dip (instructions below!).
- Put spinach artichoke dip on your pizza dough and bake.
- Eat it all in one sitting!
So no excuses, guys. It’s just too easy and delicious to not make.
Homemade Pizza Dough vs Store Bought Pizza Dough
Listen, no judgment to anyone who makes their own pizza dough from scratch, but IMO ain’t nobody got time for that! Especially when there are so many amazing kits and pre-made doughs out there. We used a pre-made dough from Trader Joe’s here, but I love DeLallo’s pizza kits, Bob’s Red Mill’s Gluten Free Pizza Kit, and so many other brands that you can make at home without having to wait hours for the dough to rise or knead until your hands hurt.
So, why make more work for yourself when the store bought stuff is still pretty pretty good?
I just love how easy and versatile pizza can be.
Pizza is so customizable, especially when it’s homemade. Which is why I LOVE this Spinach Artichoke Pizza Recipe. Want to punch up the protein? Add some shredded chicken. Make it gluten free by using a gluten free crust. Sub out the cream cheese, mozzarella and mayo for vegan alternatives and have yourself a dairy free pizza. The possibilities are endless!
What’re you waiting for? Throw a pizza party and get your spinach artichoke pizza on!
Plus it’s Monday…which means The Bachelorette is on (don’t judge me. It’s a guilty pleasure) and I have a feeling this pizza would pair PRETTY well with a glass of wine.Print
Spinach Artichoke Pizza
Easy, cheesy spinach artichoke pizza made with a creamy base, loaded wtih spinach and juicy artichokes and topped with metled mozzarella cheese. YUM.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 large pizza 1x
- Category: pizza
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: italian
- 1 standard size store bought pizza dough (we used 8 ounces of a freshly made one, but the standard serving for a mix or a frozen one will work too!)
- semolina flour
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 7 ounces canned artichokes, drained
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Prepare the pizza dough according to directions and preheat you oven to 450°F. Prepare a pizza stone, pan, or cookie sheet by greasing with olive oil (or as the manufacturer suggests) and set aside. Roll out your dough, using semolina flour to keep the dough from sticking. Transfer your dough to the baking pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic and butter. Sauté until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, and cream cheese, until melted and well mixed. Add the spinach, artichokes, and 2 ounces of mozzarella. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Spread the spinach artichoke dip over prepared pizza dough. Top with more spinach and artichokes if desired. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is just starting to brown and the cheese is bubbling. Enjoy!