These Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies take your chocolate chip cookies to the next level! Made with browned butter, espresso and chocolate chunks, these cookies let you have your coffee and eat it too 🙂
Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
So our Nespresso broke last week. And no joke, guys, I’ve been eating these espresso chocolate chunk cookies as my caffeine fix most mornings. Judge me, I don’t care. These chewy brown butter espresso chocolate chip cookies are loaded with espresso powder and chocolate chunks. They’re basically a grown up chocolate chip cookie, and I’m here for it.
What Are Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Espresso chocolate chip cookies are basically just brown butter chocolate chip cookies with espresso powder mixed into the batter, but damn they are good.
topped with a healthy sprinkle of flaky sea salt, and these cookies taste seriously gourmet.
How to Make Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies:
It’s crazy how just a few tweaks to your classic chocolate chip cookie recipe can take a basic recipe to a seriously bakery worthy cookie. The flavor profile of these chewy cookies is seriously insane. The best part? We only made three tweaks.
- Brown the butter: Okay, so we already do this whenever we make cookies, but you simply have to brown butter if you want to deepen the flavor of any baked good.
- Add espresso powder: Espresso powder + chocolate are a match made in heaven. They really bring out the best in each other.
- Sprinkle with sea salt: Salt is life. A sprinkle of sea salt not only makes your cookies look fancy af, but also deepens the flavor.
Have your morning coffee and eat it too with these espresso chocolate chip cookies!Print
Chewy Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
Take your chocolate chip cookies to the next level with these brown butter espresso chocolate chip cookies. Have your coffee and eat it too 🙂
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Brown the butter over medium heat, stirring constantly until the butter begins to foam and turns a golden brown, emitting a nutty aroma. Take butter off the heat and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooled brown butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat until mixed together. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In separate bowl mix together the flour, espresso powder, salt and baking soda. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until everything comes together. Fold in the chocolate chunks. Do not over mix.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least a half hour, or overnight.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a 1 ounce cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough out into balls, placing them 2 inches apart on the prepared sheet. Bake for 11 minutes, or until the edges are just golden brown and the centers have puffed up but are still gooey.
- Allow to cool before eating!
Keywords: bakery style cookies, best chocolate chip cookies, coffee cookies, coffee desserts