It’s the most wonderful time of the year! No, not Christmas time. Gingerbread season!!
Spicy, sweet and treacly, gingerbread is one of those nostalgic flavors that takes me right back to the holidays growing up. Whether it was noshing on gingerbread-men or eating all the scraps of gingerbread house dough, gingerbread season is one of the best times of year.
And now it’s time! Time to start making gingerbread cookies, gingerbread lattes, gingerbread cake, and most importantly, gingerbread pancakes.
These fluffy spiced pancakes are sweetened with molasses for an extra spiced kick and make the perfect treat for a special Holiday morning. Or just like a Tuesday. We won’t judge.
This year, I got in the gingerbread holiday spirit at an event hosted by one of my favorite partners, ALDI. They hosted a holiday open house for a bunch of bloggers, and at it we got to experience a wide range of their holiday-related products, from gingerbread houses for the kiddos to an unreal Apple Smoked Gruyere (hello, holiday cheese board!), to these ridiculously adorable Heart to Tail Pet Pajamas.
But as soon as I saw their Specially Selected 100% Pure Maple Syrup, I knew I had to create a pancake recipe for my holiday table. And thus, these gingerbread pancakes were born.
Of course, any time I make them now I plan on wearing my own matching set of pajamas.
ALDI has really pulled out all the stops to make this holiday season one for the books. I was so impressed with the variety of specialty products they had available, and all at such affordable prices. Like Tilly’s PJs? Only $4.99. I couldn’t believe it!
And starting 11/20 (for a limited time!) you can buy your furry friend these Christmas PJ’s too! You can find more holiday inspiration, recipe ideas, and great gift ideas (hello, CHEESE ADVENT CALENDAR) here!
Make sure you hurry because all this holiday cheer is only available for a limited time!
Now back to these pancakes 🙂
Our Tips for the Perfect Gingerbread Pancakes
Pancakes are one of my favorite things to make because they feel super special, but are also a breeze to make. Made in one bowl, with just a few ingredients, and minimal kitchen tools, pretty much anyone can make them. But there are a few tricks to make sure you get the fluffiest, perfect Christmas pancakes.
- Do not over mix your batter: Listen, I get it. Mixing is fun, and you may be tempted to whisk and whisk until everything is super smooth, but you actually want to mix pancake batter until just combined. It’s totally fine if there are still some clumps in your batter!
- Let the batter sit before cooking: Pancakes have a high baking powder content to get that picturesque puffy rise. Leave the batter to sit for a few minutes and it will thicken up a little and allow the baking powder to activate.
- Keep your pan at an even heat: I know it can be tempting to bring your heat to high so your pancakes cook faster, but be sure to keep your pan at an even medium heat. This will ensure a perfectly golden pancake every single time.
- Top with lots of maple syrup: And of course, the piece de resistance with pancakes? Maple syrup. The Specially Selected 100% Pure Maple Syrup from ALDI was delicious, affordable, and made for the perfect pour on top of our pancakes 🙂
Now, go throw on your Christmas pjs and get some gingerbread pancakes in your belly!Print
Start your Christmas morning off right with these fluffy gingerbread pancakes. These perfectly spiced pancakes are sure to be a hit on your holiday table.
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 5 tablespoons Baker’s Corner Molasses
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- A healthy drizzle of Specially Selected 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- In a medium bowl combine the milk, molasses, eggs and melted butter, whisking until combined.
- Add the flour, brown sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking powder and baking soda. Incorporate into wet ingredients, stirring only until combined. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- When you are ready to cook your pancakes, heat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
- Once the griddle is hot, liberally grease with oil or butter (about 1 tablespoon per 3 pancakes). Pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto surface. Cook on one side until holes form around edges, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes. Don’t let the pan get too hot– you want a nice, even heat.
- Serve with whipped cream, fresh fruit, chopped nuts and a healthy dose of Specially Selected 100% Pure Maple Syrup! The options are endless!
This post is sponsored by ALDI. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!