Happy Sunday people! I hate to say it, but after a week of nonstop baking, shooting, chasing Tilly around, and very little sleep, we’re feeling a little under the weather. It probably doesn’t help that we ate cookies for breakfast pretty much every day this week…Whoops. So we’re craving something slightly more nutritious, but still tasty. And these healthy peanut butter oat energy balls are just what the doctor ordered.
And by doctor, I mean me.
Consider this your prescription to nosh on some delicious chocolate peanut butter energy bites.
What ingredients do you need for peanut butter oat energy balls?
We made these chocolate peanut butter energy bites with just 7 simple ingredients:
- Medjool dates
- Natural peanut butter
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Pure maple syrup
- Flaxseed Meal
- Chia seeds
- Dark chocolate
Simply blend the dates together in a food processor and then add the rest of the ingredients, pulsing a few times to fully combine. And voila! Easy peanut butter oat energy bites. They’re packed full of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins, making these the perfect snack.
Because these energy balls are so simple, it’s important to use high quality ingredients. Each ingredient really retains it’s flavor and with no added sugar or flavorings there’s nothing to mask a low quality peanut butter or stale oats.
Why we love peanut butter oat energy balls:
- They’re made in one bowl: AKA easy to make and easy to clean up.
- Easily made ahead of time: I adore meal prep friendly recipes that allow you to front load the work. You can make these peanut butter oat energy balls in advance and freeze them for up to 3 months!
- They’re delicious AND healthy: A win-win! These basically taste like eating a peanut butter cookie, but are secretly packed full of good for you stuff and keep you full all morning protein. Score!
Now go fill those prescription, babies. Whip these healthy energy bites up this Sunday for a hearty bfast or snack all week long!
Peanut Butter Oat Energy Balls
Looking for a breakfast on the go, preworkout snack, or roadtrip treats? Make these easy peanut butter oat energy balls drizzled with chocolate!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 20 bites 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tablespoon Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips, optional
- In a food processor or high powered blender blend the dates until they start to break down and ball up into one big ball.
- Add the peanut butter, oats, maple syrup, flaxseed, chia seeds, and chocolate chips if you’re using them. Pulse a few times until combined. Don’t over blend the mixture or it can start to separate and get weird.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out energy balls, rolling between your palms to form a smooth ball. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate or leave as is!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days or freeze for up to 3 months!
Keywords: freezer friendly energy bites, easy peanut butter chocolate energy bites, quick peanut butter energy balls