There’s nothing like a good muffin. Especially when that muffin is studded with chocolate chips.
But let’s take this one step further. Let’s play a would you rather.
Would you rather have your muffin with chocolate chips, or with giant semi-sweet chocolate chips?
I kind of have a feeling you chose giant chocolate chips. Because I getchu.
That’s why I’m SO excited about these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins made with Ghirardelli’s Grand Chip. The Grand Chip is Ghirardelli’s largest baking chip ever, and I just have to say: thank you, Ghirardelli, for making this giant chocolate chip.
They work so well in these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, their chocolatey goodness coming through in each and every bite. I’ve also used the grand chip in chocolate chip cookies and it makes for an extra chocolatey cookie, which I’m never going to complain about.
And let’s talk about the pumpkin muffins themselves. I just love this recipe, because so often I find muffins can be so dry. So the addition of pumpkin puree gives these muffins a wonderful moistness.
To really bring out that pumpkin flavor, I used cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. I also love adding a little ginger into the mix when I’m feeling extra. Sometimes cardamom too. ALL THE FALL SPICES.
Last, I’m SO excited to announce I’m doing an epic Instagram giveaway with Ghirardelli, giving away a holiday baking kit full of premium baking goodies valued at over $250! Click here to enter the giveaway, and good luck!
Alright, friends, it’s pumpkin muffin time! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Absurdly moist Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins made with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and giant chocolate chips! Bonus: freeze them for an easy weekday treat!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Grand Chips
- Finishing sugar, for topping the muffins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring until well combined. Fold in the Grand Chips. Sprinkle with finishing sugar, if using.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, filing just over ⅔ of the way. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then turn oven to 375°F and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving!
This post is sponsored by Ghirardelli. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!