You know that feeling when you’re out to eat at a restaurant, where the portion sizes are waayyyy too big, and you’re like five bites away from finishing your meal. You could stop, make the healthy decision and leave behind a few bites. But, no. Instead you have to push through to the clean plate club. You know that feeling, right? Stuffed to capacity, too full to the point of nausea… You might imagine that that is where we would be at this point in Broma Pie Week. But you’d be wrong. We have bottomless stomachs for pie. Especially when it’s Salted Caramel Brownie Pie.
I mean who wouldn’t scarf down a slice or two of this salty-sweet chocolate pie?
And the best part? It’s pretty much the easiest dessert we’ve ever made.
How to make semi-homemade brownie pie:
You might not know this about us, but we can be pretty lazy. So, when we were looking for a pie that wasn’t really, per se, a pie and also one that would come together with a snap of our fingers, this semi-homemade brownie pie was born. Made with a store bought brownie mix, pre-made pie crust, and a decadent salted caramel sauce to push it over the edge, this brownie pie is pretty much heaven in a pie dish.
Gooey, decadent, loaded with chocolate, and perfect with a scoop (or 5) of vanilla ice cream, this pie deserves a spot at the Thanksgiving table. If not for its tastiness, then for how incredibly easy it is to make.
Tips for Salted Caramel Brownie Pie
- Cut corners where you can: If you have the time, feel free to make a pie crust from scratch, homemade brownies, and homemade caramel. But, we certainly won’t judge you if you don’t. We have nothing against a brownie mix; that’s just working smart. If there is one component of this pie you’re going to make homemade, we’d recommend making the caramel sauce! It’s quick and easy, and will elevate your pie!
- Use a high quality brownie mix: Just because a dessert is semi-homemade doesn’t mean you should skimp on ingredient quality!
- Get creative: Try adding in chocolate chunks or toasted nuts to your brownie mix! Not a caramel person? Top with marshmallows and graham cracker pieces for a s’mores pie!
- Don’t over bake: Gooey brownies = happy eaters. It’s a fact.
Just two more pies to go, my pie lovers. Stay tuned for another scrumptious pie tomorrow!Print
Salted Caramel Brownie Pie
And the Oscar for the laziest, yet tastiest pie goes to Salted Caramel Brownie Pie! This semi homemade brownie pie is made with a brownie mix, store bought pie crust, salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream for a truly decadent, chocolatey treat that comes together in a pinch.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare the pie crust in a 9 inch pie dish. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to directions and pour into the prepared pie crust. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pie crust is golden and a knife inserted into the brownie pie comes out mostly clean. Set aside to cool.
- While the pie cools, prepare the caramel sauce according to directions. Drizzle the brownie pie with caramel sauce and top with vanilla ice cream. Serve warm!
*Any brownie mix will do! Just make sure to use one for an 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ inch pan (not one of the family size ones!).
Keywords: easy, quick and easy, decadent, semi homemade, chocolatey, the best, lazy, lazy girl, fast