Introducing S’mores Cookies, complete with brown butter dough, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs and a gooey marshmallow center. Uh drool! This easy s’mores cookie recipe is the perfect spin on your classic cookie recipe for a little extra pizzaz!
Have you heard? It’s National Cookie Day! AKA the best day of the year. With Christmas around the corner, there is no such thing as too many cookies. So you can be sure we’re celebrating National Cookie Day for the rest of the month, thank you very much.
And we’re kicking things off with the best s’mores cookies, packed full of graham cracker pieces, chocolate and gooey marshmallows.
You probably already know this, but s’mores is one of our absolute favorite flavors. S’mores cakes, s’mores brownies, s’mores macarons…give us marshmallows and chocolate in pretty much any dessert form and we are here for it.
So when we were brainstorming all the delicious cookies we were going to make this Holiday season (prime cookie time!), we knew we had to make a s’mores cookie.
What are S’mores Cookies?
These s’mores cookies are made with our absolute favorite browned butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. Simply fold graham crackers into the batter and stick a marshmallow in the center of each cookie dough ball before baking.
As the cookie bakes, the marshmallow puffs up to give you the gooiest, chewiest, most delicious cookie.
Guaranteed everyone comes back for seconds (or thirds).
What ingredients do you need make s’mores cookies?
First off, you’ll need all the basics for a chewy brown sugar cookie:
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
You’ll then need just three more ingredients to turn your normal cookies into s’mores:
- graham crackers
Put all that goodness together and you’ve got yourself the perfect smores cookie recipe!
And the best part? You can get all your ingredients in one place.
There’s nothing I hate more than having to run around to a bunch of different grocery stores. Especially during the Holiday season when I already have a million other things going on. You can find all the ingredients for these s’mores cookies at your local ALDI and MORE! From last minute gifts, ingredients for Christmas brunch, a wine advent calendar (yes it’s a thing and it’s AMAZING), and holiday PJ’s for the whole family. These special holiday items are only available for a limited time and can sell out quickly, so make sure you snag them up while you can! And if you don’t, no worries, because ALDI stocks up on fun new items like these every single week!
As if that wasn’t good enough already, everything at ALDI is high quality and super affordable. I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve been spending all my money on stocking stuffers and holiday cocktails, so I’ll take a bargain wherever we can.
We used Simply Nature Organic Cane Sugar and Baker’s Corner Dark Chocolate Morsels from ALDI in these cookies. And the Baker’s Corner Marshmallows melt into the most beautiful mallowy pools in the center of our cookies.
Now go celebrate National Cookie Day with alllll the s’mores cookies!
Introducing S’mores Cookies, complete with brown butter dough, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs and a gooey marshmallow center. Uh drool!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 20 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup Simply Nature Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Baker’s Corner Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 4 sheets Graham Crackers
- 9 Baker’s Corner Marshmallows, halved
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan heat butter over medium heat to brown it, stirring constantly until the butter begins to foam and turns a golden brown, emitting a nutty aroma. Take butter off the heat and allow to cool completely before using
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled brown butter, brown sugar and Simply Nature Organic Cane Sugar, whisking until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Mix well. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, folding until just combined . Carefully fold in the Baker’s Corner Dark Chocolate Morsels and graham crackers until just combined.
- Scoop out the cookies using a 1 ounce cookie scoop. Place your thumb in the middle to form a cavity and place half a marshmallow inside. Release the ball from the cookie scoop and roll together so that the marshmallow is covered. Repeat with remaining dough. Refrigerate cookie dough balls for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F when you are ready to bake. Place the cookies two inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown, but the center is still gooey. Allow to cool before devouring!
Tips + Tricks
- Don’t overmix your dough! This can lead to dry cookies, so only mix until just combined.
- Make sure you cut the marshmallows in half and fully wrap the cookie dough around the marshmallow so that it doesn’t burst out of the cookie too much as it bakes up!
- Don’t over bake! The cookies should still be gooey and under baked in the middle as they’ll continue to cook as they cool!
Keywords: s'mores cookies, smores cookies, easy s'mores cookies recipe, homemade s'mores cookies
This s’mores cookies post is sponsored by ALDI. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!