If I could put money on a cake, it would be this one. The Triple Crown of cakes. Many claim that their carrot cake recipe is the best, but I guarantee that with one bite of this one you’ll never look at another carrot cake the same way again.
My mom has been making this cake for years. I’ve quite literally grown up on this cake. My sister requests it every year for her birthday, and we make it about once every season because we just can’t get enough.
It’s no ordinary carrot cake by anyone’s standards. It is loaded with shredded carrots, pineapple, raisins, coconut, and cinnamon; an orchestra of flavors that explode in your mouth. It’s light and fluffy, but dense at the same time. And it’s paired with the most magnificent cream cheese frosting that brings out each and every flavor even more so.
The best part? It’s also the easiest cake I know. Mix together the wet ingredients, fold in the dry, and you’re donezo. No muss, no fuss, just into the oven at 350°F and you’ve got yourself one hell of a cake.
Like guuuuuuys. I understand I’m a food blogger and I understand that I describe everything on Broma as delicious (which it is), but you do not want to miss out on this.
But, I mean, if The Best Carrot Cake Recipe In The World isn’t your thing, that’s cool too. Means more for me 🙂
Tips for making this carrot cake recipe
As we’ve already established, this is the best carrot cake recipe because it’s, 1) super easy to make and, 2) mega delicious. However, there are a few things you have to do to ensure that your cake is the best ever.
First, make sure you’re using crushed pineapple and not chunks or rings or any of that other nonsense. You want crushed pineapple, and you need to drain it before you add it to the cake batter.
Second, sweetened coconut is a must. This carrot cake recipe is not the time or place to be healthy.
Third, all of your ingredients should be room temperature before you make this cake. Yes, even the eggs must be room temp. This will help your carrot cake bake evenly in the oven and make it—as I’ve said before—the best ever.
Finally, you need to allow the cake layers plenty of time to cool completely before adding the cream cheese frosting. If you frost the cake while it’s still warm, the frosting will run all over the place and you won’t think this is the best carrot cake recipe ever (which would be a crying shame).
If you have any questions, pop them down below and I’ll do my best to answer them!Print
Best Carrot Cake In The World!
Loaded with carrots, pineapple, coconut, raisins, and cinnamon, one bite and you’ll agree: this is the best carrot cake recipe in the world!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
For the cake
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 8 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour three 8 inch cake pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, pineapple, coconut, raisins, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring until well combined.
- Evenly pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 25 minutes, then allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, whip the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add in the vanilla extract, salt, and powdered sugar and whip to combine, about 2 minutes more.
- Place the first cake on a plate, then top with 1/3 of the frosting. Layer the second and third layers, frosting in between each. Be freeform with it, using a flat knife to even the top of each layer. If you’d like, decorate the top with edible flowers! Then make sure you have friends with you when you eat it, or else you’ll go nuts. 🙂
Keywords: carrot cake recipe, the best carrot cake, carrot cake