One of the best loafs I’ve ever made! This white chocolate cranberry loaf is studded with tart cranberries and melted white chocolate, then topped with a crunchy pecan streusel and drizzled with more white chocolate!
Helloooooo, friends! I hope everyone had fantastic weeks with their loved ones. I have had a wonderful time filled with dinners with friends, holiday shopping, dinners with family, playing board games (Bananagrams.), cooking with my mom, going on walks, brunch with family, watching a movie nearly every night, and baking with Rebe. The overwhelming theme of my week is clearly food and I’m loving it.
As I write this, Rebe and I are making a classic: Not Your Grandma’s Bran Muffins. We’re headed to weight training and yoga this morning with our beloved grandmother, Noni, and wanted a healthy burst of energy before our workout. I’m so excited.
So let’s talk business. I made this baby last week, and absolutely could not stop eating it. Each time I cut myself a slice, I said out loud, “this may just be the best quick bread I’ve ever made.” Sometimes I was talking to Alex, sometimes to my mom, and more than half the time to myself. Oh well.
What makes it so amazing? To start, there is white chocolate baked into the loaf. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Next, it’s chocked full of tart cranberries, a perfect balance to the sweet white chocolate.
It’s also made with Greek yogurt, which makes it extra, extra moist.
It’s also also topped with an absolutely insane crunchy and perfectly toasted pecan streusel.
And then drizzled with more white chocolate.
It was so good that I brought it onto the plane with me from Detroit to Boston. Yes, I nibbled it on the plane and then kept it for 3 more days. I just couldn’t bare to get rid of it.
Like you know those times something is so good it feels like it’s your duty to eat it? It was one of those times.
In the last of my rant, ALEX IS COMING TO VISIT TODAY! I’m so excited. Check me out on Instagram for fun updates!
That being said, are you following me on-
Happy Monday to all!Print
White Chocolate Cranberry Bread
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 1 large loaf 1x
For the loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or thawed)
For the streusel
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the white chocolate drizzle
- 4 oz white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt).
- In a standing mixer, mix together the brown sugar, white chocolate, vegetable oil, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and eggs. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold the cranberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix together the streusel ingredients until fully combined. Using your hands, sprinkle the streusel evenly over the loaf, covering it entirely with streusel.
- Bake the loaf for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf. If your streusel begins to get golden before the first 30 minutes of cooking, gently cover the top of the loaf with tin foil. This will prevent excess browning.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle with melted white chocolate. Cut into pieces and serve!*
*Make sure you have people around you to eat the loaf, because otherwise you may end up eating the entire thing yourself…