This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread is made with peanut butter and cocoa powder. It’s a decadent yet easy banana bread recipe that tastes like cake!
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
When we were brainstorming recipes for this month, we knew we wanted to do a banana bread. Specifically, a chocolate peanut butter banana bread AKA a decadent, moist as can be banana bread made with peanut butter and cocoa powder. And then we realized we’d already done it! So we made it again to “reshoot”… but if we’re being perfectly honest, we really just wanted to eat it again.
It literally tastes like a cake, but gets most of it’s moisture from peanut butter and ripe bananas…so like health food? YES.
Like HELLO BABY.
Tips for making the best chocolate peanut butter banana bread
- Melt the peanut butter before adding it to the batter—Peanut butter is notoriously hard to stir. The solution? Melt it! Just pop the peanut butter into the microwave for 30 seconds, or until it’s fairly liquid-y and easy to stir.
- Use overripe bananas—The trick to making a sweet, flavorful banana bread is to use overripe (even brown) bananas.
- Avoid natural peanut butter—You could probably get away with using natural peanut butter in the actual banana bread, but it’s impossible to drizzle that stuff on top of the bread. I used Skippy peanut butter for the drizzle, and it melted down perfectly.
- Decorate with sliced bananas—Admittedly, this has nothing to do with how the banana bread bakes, and everything to do with presentation. Either top the banana bread with sliced banana rings or cut the banana into strips lengthwise and lay the long strips on top of the bread that way. Either way, it’ll look and taste beautiful!
How to store chocolate peanut butter banana bread:
The last thing you want is for your silky, moist chocolate banana bread to dry out. We like to keep this tightly wrapped in the loaf pan we made it in, or in a sealed plastic bag to preserve all the flavor and moistness.
What’re you waiting for? Whip this up for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Happy chocolate peanut butter banana bread baking, lovies.Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
All your favorite flavors wrapped up into one quick bread? This decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread will have you DROOLING.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 large loaf 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
For the bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, slightly melted
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- banana slices (optional)
For the peanut butter drizzle
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (Don’t use natural- it won’t work. I used Skippy and it melted fantastically!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the slightly melted peanut butter, sugar, mashed bananas, vegetable oil, and eggs. After mixing, stir in cocoa, baking powder & soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir in flour last.
- Pour into loaf pan and top with thinly sliced banana pieces. I used 1/2 a banana for this part. Bake for roughly 55 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Once the loaf has cooled slightly, top with peanut butter. Melt in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds, then stir. It should become creamy and slightly runny. Depending on your microwave, heat for an additional 15 seconds. Drizzle over loaf. Serve!
Keywords: healthy chocolate banana bread, easy chocolate banana bread recipe, best banana bread
More chocolate peanut butter desserts from Broma Bakery:
Elvis Popsicles (Peanut Butter, Chocolate, & Banana!)