A powerhouse of flavor, these Blueberry Banana Almond Oat Flour Waffles are delicious AND nutritious!
Happy Monday, loves!
This may be my favorite Broma shoot to date. I’m not going to lie… I’m obsessed with how these Blueberry Banana Almond Oat Flour Waffles turned out.
THEY’RE SO PRETTY.
That drip though. Ooh baby.
I’ve been really into oat flour recently. It’s just flour… made from oats. You can easily make it yourself in a blender or food processor- just take old fashioned oats and pulse them until powdered.
It makes for a seriously fluffy waffle, packing in more moisture than a traditional white flour.
It also doesn’t leave you feeling bloated, like some waffles with regular flour can. I served these to Alex and a friend, and they agreed.
Like seriously I just want to photograph these waffles (and then eat them) over and over again. Best weekend breakfast ever.
What are you waiting for? GO MAKE THESE WAFFLES!
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for topping (optional)
- banana slices, for topping (optional)
- powdered sugar, for topping (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, greek yogurt, and both extracts until combined.
- Sift in oat and almond flours, stirring only until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Grease waffle iron, and continue to grease between each batch of waffles. Scoop batter into iron and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Top waffles with more fresh blueberries, bananas, and powdered sugar. Serve immediately!