The ultimate Iced Coffee Cookies and Cream Milkshake, complete with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a giant toasted marshmallow.
Let’s talk about one of the lesser-known best food combinations in the world: coffee and cookies and cream. Like, it’s THE TASTIEST. You get sweet from the cream filling, bitter with the coffee, and chocolatey with the cookies. It’s amaze (proof also here, here, and here).
When I worked at an ice cream shop in high school, I used to make coffee cookies and cream milkshakes on the regular. As in, I worked 3-4 times a week, so I had coffee cookies and cream milkshakes 3-4 times a week.
Thank god for high school metabolisms.
Shoooo seeing as it’s summer aka milkshake season, why not make the most delicious milkshake possible?! Let’s do it.
The inspiration for this recipe came from International Delight’s new line of Iced Coffee Beverages. It’s a fantastic alternative to making your own cold brew in the warmer months.
And it makes it so easy to create whatever cool iced coffee beverage you want. So you can be hanging out in your PJs, casually making this milkshake, and pretty much be considered a world-class barista.
Also, milkshakes take like 2 minutes to make, and don’t require turning on the oven to get a tasty dessert. Lazy goals right there.
Hope you’re all faring well through this heat wave. I’ve been hiding in our apartment all week with the AC on full blast.
…and drinking milkshakes. Obviously.
For the milkshake
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup International Delight Vanilla Iced Coffee
- 5 cookies and cream cookies
For the chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
For the toppings
- whipped cream
- toasted marshmallows
- crushed cookies and cream cookies
Make the chocolate sauce
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and heavy cream until smooth. Allow to cool slightly before placing into a piping bag with a ¼ inch tip. Pipe chocolate sauce onto rim of glasses, creating drips around glass. Place broken cookies and cream cookies onto the rim by squeezing a bit of chocolate sauce onto the cookie, then placing firmly onto the rim. Place glasses into fridge until ready to serve.
Make the milkshake
- Combine vanilla ice cream, iced coffee, and cookies and cream cookies in a blender, blending until smooth. Pour into prepared glasses, filling to the rim.
- To decorate the milkshakes, scoop a dollop of whipped cream on top, then gently place a toasted marshmallow on top of that (to quickly toast marshmallows, place them under a broiler for 1-2 minutes). Finish with crushed cookies and cream cookies. Devour!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are 100% my own.