Buckle up, babies, this chocolate chip banana bread recipe is about to blow your mind. This moist banana bread is loaded with chocolate chips and heartwarming flavor. If you have a few brown bananas lying around, this easy banana bread is exactly what you need to make today! Serve this bread warm with a smear of butter or wrap it up and mail it to a friend!
Looking for other bb (banana bread) recipes? How about snickerdoodle banana bread, or this perfectly spiced chai banana bread… or or or this decadent chocolate peanut butter banana bread. Can you tell we kind of have a thang for banana breads? Consider us the experts, so read on for the best ever classic recipe you’ll find.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Second to chocolate chip cookies, this chocolate chip banana bread is the most requested dessert I’m asked to bake. It’s one of those recipes. I’m sure you all have one of those recipes that people are always asking for. It’s easy, moist, flavorful, and packed full of chocolate chips. Plus it’s made in one bowl with ingredients you probably already have on hand, so it’s the perfect thing to throw together on a whim!
My dad has always said, “The most expensive food you buy is the food you don’t eat.” He’s very cheap. But there is some soundness to this, and I’m always trying to reduce my food waste. If my bananas are going bad, you best believe they are NOT going in the trash.
That’s one of the many things I love about banana bread: it takes a spoiled situation and morphs it into the best situation.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Sometimes, simple is best. This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is made with just 8 ingredients that you probably always have in your kitchen. No need to run to the store or get any specialty ingredients for this bread. But don’t let the normality of these 8 ingredients fool you. They come together into the most magical, tender, moist ccbb (choco chip banana bread. duh.) you could dream of.
- overripe bananas
- greek yogurt
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
How to Make the Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This one of the easiest recipes to follow, so it doesn’t require much explanation. You mix together all the wet ingredients and the sugar. Then you add the dry. And that’s pretty much it. We did round up our favorite tips to help you along the way though!
- Use BROWN bananas: no yellow bananas allowed. Those are fo smoothies and pb banana toast. Brown, rotten bananas are for baking. If you’re trying to accelerate the process, put them in a dark place or inside a paper bag for a day or two!
- Use room temperature ingredients: When it comes to baking, temperature is important from the start of the recipe all the way to the oven. If your ingredients are all at the same temperature they will mix together seamlessly.
- Don’t over mix: Overmixing will cause more gluten to build up in your batter which can lead to a tough, dry bread. Stop mixing when everything is juuuuust combined!
- Top with sugar: A little extra dusting of sugar on the top will finish the top of the bread off with a crystalized crunch that perfectly complements the gooey banana bread.
- Under bake: An over baked baked good is a sad one. You want the top to be golden brown and crispy, but slightly underdone in the middle. It will continue cooking as it cools down.
Now go let those bananas get nice and brown and make the best of a rotten situation with this chocolate chip banana bread recipe!Print
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Buckle up, babies, this chocolate chip banana bread recipe is about to blow your mind. This moist banana bread is loaded with chocolate chips and heartwarming flavor. If you have a few brown bananas lying around, this easy banana bread is exactly what you need to make today!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 3 overripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas with the melted butter, stirring to combine. Add the brown sugar and white sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the greek yogurt and eggs and whisk until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Do not over mix! Fold the chocolate chips in last, folding a few times until just combined.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan and serving!
- 3 mashed bananas is about 1 cup!
- If the top of the bread is browning too fast, cover the bread with tinfoil and place back in the oven to finish baking
Keywords: chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread recipe