Growing up, pizza night was a BIG deal in my house. On the rare occasions that it didn’t happen, I would throw a teensy fit (I didn’t say I’m proud, OK?). But when it was pizza night, my sister and I would each get our own ball of dough that we’d stretch out into a personal pizza (pretty much the best thing a ten year old can think of), and top with whatever toppings our heart desired.
Once baked, we would eagerly wait for our pizzas to cool just enough so they didn’t burn the roof of our mouths. Then we’d trade slices and have competition over whose pizza was the best.
Nowadays, Alex and I are the ones competing against each other to see who makes the best homemade pizza. But so often we’re both tired at the end of the day. Homemade pizza on a weeknight? It feels like a lot. Only, now there’s a way to make homemade pizza in a half hour.
FOR REALZ GUYS. JUST THIRTY MINUTES.
Is this wizardry?! Maybe a little, but most of the magic is from Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast.
This super fast-acting yeast requires no hydration in water, only one rise, and a rise of ten minutes at that. Meaning you can have pizza on the table in 30 minutes or less. After a long day of work, having delicious, quick and easy recipes in your back pocket is a game changer. And this 30 minutes pizza crust is just that.
How to make homemade pizza in 30 minutes?
This recipe is about as easy homemade can get: no mixer, no fancy ingredients, one bowl, and just one ten minute rise! The best part? No need to activate the yeast in warm water! Simply mix all your dry ingredients together and then add water.
We’re breaking it down step by step to take any guesswork out.
Step One: In a large bowl add 2 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and a packet of Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast.
Step Two: Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add 1 cup of warm water.
Step Three: Using your hands, fold all the ingredients together until a dough forms. It will be wet!
While you won’t need a mixer for this recipe, Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast works amazingly in bread machines. And because it comes in an easy packet of three, you can bet we’ll be testing out lots of other recipes like cinnamon rolls, babkas, and hearty breads this fall 🙂
Step Four: Turn the dough out onto a heavily floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the texture of the dough starts to smooth out.
Add more flour as needed! The dough is done kneading when it is mostly smooth and resembles the texture of skin.
Step Five: Place the dough ball in a greased bowl, cover loosely, and leave to rise in a warm place for just ten minutes! 30 minute pizza is on the way 🙂
Step Six: After ten minutes, remove the dish cloth from the bowl. The dough should be almost doubled in size and hold an indent when poked. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
No need for a second rise–it’s pizza time already!
Step Seven: Stretch out the dough to a 12 inch round. Top with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake at 500°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust has risen and is golden brown around the edges.
Tips for making homemade 30 minute pizza crust:
- Use bread flour: Bread flour has more protein in it than traditional all purpose flour, which produces more gluten AKA chewier, better dough.
- Don’t overwork your dough: After the Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast has activated, you’ll want to keep all the rise in the dough. Simply turn the dough out of the bowl, stretch out the dough into a round, top with toppings, and bake!
- Bake at a high temperature: Getting your oven as hot as possible is the key to success in homemade pizza baking.Turn your oven up as high as it will go to get a high rise and crispy crust.
- Don’t peek: You’ll want to keep all the heat inside the oven for an even rise, so don’t peek until you think it’s done!
If you’re looking for a quick, fun (and cheap!) dinner to make for a group of friends, your family, your partner, or just for you, why not have a pizza night? And when it’s as easy as this, there are no excuses not to. Fresh homemade pizza is so much better than any frozen or premade pizza you can get. Plus it’s fun 🙂Print
Easy 30 Minute Pizza Crust
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 large pizza 1x
- Category: pizza
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: italian
- 2 – 2 ¼ cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet of Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- In a large bowl mix together 2 cups of bread flour, sugar, salt, and Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the warm water. Using your hands, mix everything together until it forms a dough. The dough will be sticky, but don’t worry, it will come together once you knead it!
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes or until the texture of the dough starts to smooth out. If the dough feels too sticky, add remaining ¼ cup flour in a tablespoon at a time until the dough is dry enough to work with. Form the dough into a ball and place into a greased bowl. Cover loosely with a dish cloth and put in a warm place to rise for just ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, turn the dough out onto a clean work surface. We like to do this on a piece of parchment paper for easy clean up and transport. Stretch out dough into a 12 inch round and place on pizza stone or baking sheet. Top with sauce, cheese, and whatever toppings you desire. Baked at 500° F for 10 minutes! Allow to cool before slicing and eating!
Keywords: easy, foolproof, quick and easy, 30 minute, quick, homemade, kid friendly
This post is sponsored by Fleischmann’s®. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!