World, meet Oreo brownies AKA the most decadent, delicious and fudgy brownies loaded with Oreo pieces. They’re easy, simple and a major crowdpleaser!
Introducing Oreo Brownies AKA the best brownies.
OH HELLO. Today I’m sharing my favorite kind of recipe. It’s easy, it’s chocolatey, it’s a crowdpleaser, and it’s a classic. Let’s all give a warm welcome to these fudgy Oreo brownies. I think we’re all going to be great friends.
What are Oreo brownies?
If you guys know anything about me, it’s that I am a brownie girl through and through. I love them all (as you might be able to tell from the 50 recipes on the site), and these Oreo brownies are definitely in my top 5 favorite brownies of all time. Oreo brownies are exactly what you would imagine….Oreos + brownies. The brownies themselves are decadent, chocolatey, and the texture hits that perfect sweet spot between cakey and fudgy. Simply fold in some crushed up Oreo cookies and you’ve instantly elevated your classic brownie to a show stopping dessert. Damn they’re good.
Tips for the best Oreo brownies
- Use high quality cocoa powder: This recipe is relatively simple, so the quality of your cocoa powder can really make or break your homemade brownies. We love Rodelle cocoa powder, but any high quality cocoa powder will do the trick!
- Don’t forget vanilla: I know in chocolate recipes, the main focus is the chocolate ingredients like Oreos, cocoa powder, or chocolate chips, but a good vanilla extract is absolutely essential to deepening the flavor of these homemade Oreo brownies.
- Don’t over bake the brownies: Chocolate desserts are tricky to bake perfectly because you can’t go by sight. When you’re making a chocolate chip cookie or a vanilla cupcake, you can see the baked goods turning a golden brown, but with brownies there’s a fine line between baked and burnt. Take out the brownies when a knife inserted near the edge comes out clean, but a knife inserted into the middle comes out a little gooey. The brownies will continue to cook as they cool and you’ll be left with that perfect gooey center and a crisp, crunchy edge.
How to store Oreo brownies
These Oreo brownies are a great dessert to drop off for friends or mail to a loved one because they’re so fudgy that they keep moist for a decent amount of time. Though I HIGHLY doubt even a crumb of these scrumptious brownies will last longer than a few days, you can always save some for later. Store these in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months!
Happy Oreo brownies baking, my angels! We hope you enjoy these scrumptious brownies as much as we do!Print
Fudgy Oreo Brownies
These fudgy oreo brownies are decadent and chocolatey, and packed full of Oreo cookie pieces.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 1 1/4 cups salted butter
- 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 Oreo cookies, crumbled into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9″x9″ pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove and stir with a whisk. Repeat process 2 more times. Though granules of sugar will remain, the goal is to get the mixture to a glossy finish.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, then add in eggs one at a time, whisking in between each addition. Whisk until the mixture lightens in color slightly.
- Add in cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Fold in flour until just combined. Last, fold in the Oreo cookie pieces.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for roughly 45 minutes, testing for doneness by inserting a knife into the center of the brownies beginning at 40 minutes. It might take up to 55 minutes for them to cook through depending on your oven!
Keywords: oreo brownies, cookies and cream brownies, fudgy oreo brownies