A four layered Snickers Brownies recipe made with peanut butter nougat, caramel, peanuts, and rich dark chocolate. Surprisingly easy to make, and even easier to eat! Talk about a crowd-pleaser.
YOU. GUYS. If you’re looking for an indulgent dessert that will wow whoever you share it with, look no further than these chewy, fudgy Snickers Brownies. I mean is it just me or is the combination of peanut butter and chocolate just so satisfying? Plus, Snickers bars will forever have a sweet spot in my heart. They’re just the best candy bar out there, hands down. So why not combine all those flavors of a Snickers: chocolate, nougat, caramel AND fudgy brownies for the ultimate decadent treat.
So what makes this the BEST Snickers Brownie recipe on the internet?
Well honestly, it’s a combination of things. For one, we know that you don’t have all the time in the world to bake. So we’ve made this recipe as easy as possible to fit into your busy life.
- Candy Thermometer free Nougat: Instead of making a candied nougat, we’ve created a nougat you can mix up in just minutes. Simply beat together peanut butter, marshmallow fluff and powdered sugar for the most delectable layer of nougat you’ll have outside of a real Snickers bar.
- Use a brownie mix: Rather than a homemade brownie recipe (which don’t get me wrong, homemade brownies ARE amazing), we suggest using a boxed mix!
And to be honest, our ratio of brownie to nougat to caramel to peanuts to chocolate? It’s perfection. So yes, this is the best Snickers brownie recipe EVER.
How to make easy homemade nougat
Some people make homemade nougat by heating sugar (using a candy thermometer, no less!) and carefully adding in egg whites.
But that’s a LOT of work, so we decided to come up with an easy homemade nougat recipe using only three ingredients:
- marshmallow fluff
- smooth peanut butter
- powdered sugar.
Simply mix the three ingredients together, and you’re done! And spoiler alert: it’s addicting AF.
What ingredients do you need for Snickers Brownies?
Honestly, not much! You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry:
- A boxed brownie mix: Any boxed brownie mix will work! Just prepare to the directions on the box for the perfect base to this Snickers brownie recipe.
- Peanut butter: None of that good for you natural peanut butter here! Use that good, cheap stuff AKA Jiff or Skippy
- Marshmallow fluff: Ahh marshmallow fluff. The stuff of dreams. This fluffy, sweet spread will provide the perfect consistency for your homemade nougat! Pro tip: Use a greased spatula when spooning out fluffy to keep things clean!
- Powdered sugar: The powdered sugar will help to firm up your nougat layer!
- Caramel: We used a dreamy homemade caramel recipe that really makes these brownies taste bakery-level good.
- Peanuts: Peanuts had a nice salty sweet crunch to these Snickers brownies! We used roasted, unsalted peanuts and roughly chopped them!
- Chocolate: Any candy bar brownie needs a healthy dose of chocolate. Duh. These Snickers brownies are finished off with a thick layer of dark chocolate.
And that’s it!
Tips for making Snickers Brownies
- Don’t make things harder than they need to be. Use your favorite fudgy boxed brownie mix (mine is Ghirardelli!) as an easy alternative to a homemade brownie recipe.
- Refrigerate the bottom three layers (brownies, nougat, and caramel) before pouring on your melted chocolate. This way you’ll get a nice, clean division of caramel and chocolate.
- Want to make things in advance? The caramel layer can be stored for up to a week ahead in the fridge! Simply microwave it in 15 second increments to get it back to a pourable consistency.
- Do not make these without having a place to take them to afterwards. Because honestly, I can’t promise what will happen if you don’t. These brownies are THAT good.
How to store Snickers Brownies
While I’m a huge fan of room temperature brownies, because these brownies have so many soft layers, I would recommend storing these brownies in the fridge. And as a bonus, it will make them last longer! You can store these for up to a week in the fridge and they’ll still be incredible.
Happy Snickers brownies eating!Print
A four layered Snickers Brownie recipe made with peanut butter nougat, caramel, peanuts, and rich dark chocolate. Surprisingly easy to make, and even easier to eat! Talk about a crowd-pleaser.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
for the brownie layer:
- 1 boxed brownie mix, prepared according to package directions
for the nougat layer:
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 7.5 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
for the caramel layer:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted buter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
for the chocolate layer:
- 12 oz dark chocolate (you can use chocolate chips or chocolate bars)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Grease a 9″x9″ baking pan with butter or oil, then line on all four sides with parchment paper. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Bake according to package temperature and directions, then allow to cool until just warm. Place brownies in fridge and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
- To make the nougat, simply beat together the peanut butter, fluff, powdered sugar, and salt until combined. Mixture will be thick. Spread the nougat layer over the brownies using your hands into an even layer.
- Sprinkle peanuts over nougat layer, pressing down just slightly. Place brownies back into the fridge while you make your caramel.
- To make the caramel, in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat the sugar on medium low heat until its completely melted, swirling the pan gently every 20 seconds or so. The sugar will start to form clumps before melting slowly. Be patient and keep an eye on it to make sure it does not burn.
- Once melted, remove from heat immediately and stir in the butter. The mixture will violently bubble. You’re doing it right.
- Next, pour in the heavy cream and salt. Stir until everything is combined. Pour into small bowl or cup and allow to cool for 15 minutes before pouring over the nougat layer. Place brownies back in fridge to cool.
- Last, melt the chocolate! If using chocolate bars, first chop into small pieces. Then microwave the chocolate in 20 second increments, stirring in between each session. Once chocolate is fully melted, stir in coconut oil, then pour over caramel layer. Allow to cool completely in fridge before cutting into 16 squares!
Tips for Snickers Brownies
- You can find a step by step guide on how to make perfect caramel here! Follow the directions for a double recipe, just using 2/3 cup of heavy cream instead of 1 cup.
- You can use chocolate chips or chopped chocolate for the top layer of the brownies. The coconut oil will help to keep the layer soft enough to cut.
Keywords: snickers brownies, homemade snickers brownies