Take advantage of peach season with this green lentil salad with char-grilled peaches, goat cheese, and rosé vinaigrette.
I love lentils. They’re filling, tasty, and can go in a variety of dishes.
Wait omg I can’t wait for fall lentil soup. Guys I’m totally going to make it for you.
Though (clearly) my tastebuds are ready for fall, weather-wise it’s still summer around here. Strong sun, 80° days, and rosé all day.
So I’m taking advantage of the last of summer produce with this Green Lentil Salad with Grilled Peaches, Goat Cheese, + Arugula.
Peaches are the quintessential end-of-summer fruit. They’re bright and juicy, but also welcome warmer flavors like cinnamon and ginger.
There’s no cinnamon or ginger in here. I’m just sayin’.
Also to note is that this salad has a rosé vinaigrette. Because 2016 has most definitely been the summer of rosé.
It’s everywhere. So why not in your salad 🙂
Be sure when you grill your peaches to get the heat super high before charring them. Otherwise you’ll end up with peaches stuck to your grill. Take it from me.
Happy, happy Wednesday to you all. LOVE!
For the lentils
- 1 1/4 cups green lentils, washed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (makes them taste soo good! but can also sub water)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 3 cups baby arugula
For the grilled peaches
- 4 ripe peaches, cored and cut into 6ths
- olive oil, for brushing
- pinch sea salt
For the rosé vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosé wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium pot, bring the lentils, chicken broth, and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook until lentils are al dente and broth is fully absorbed, about 20 minutes. Drain lentils in a colander and allow to cool completely.
- To make the grilled peaches, preheat grill on high heat. Brush peach wedges with olive oil and a tiny sprinkling of sea salt.
- Place peaches on their side for 20-30 seconds, depending on the strength of your grill. Flip to other side, cooking the same amount of time. Remove and allow to come to room temperature.
- To make the rosé vinaigrette, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Assemble the salad by tossing together lentils, rosé vinaigrette, and arugula together. Top salad with grilled peaches and goat cheese.
Leave a comment and rate this recipe!
ROSE VINAIGRETTE. This is so worth salad-ing for,
This salad is so beautiful and creative!
Your pictures really bring the dish to life. Have to try this recipe. // ▲ fredsguidetolife.com ▲
This sounds perfect for these scorching hot late summer days!
Rosé errrrrrthang. And goat cheese. All the goat cheese. This is fab.