I love homemade granola. It’s so wholesome, adding in your own nuts and grains and such.
I especially love homemade granola when it’s packed into a Peanut Butter and Jelly Yogurt Parfait. Because pb&j is not just for lunch, people.
I think peanut butter and jelly is one of the Top 5 food combos ever. Sweet, salty, and rich, all in one delicious bite. If I could I would eat, like, 2 peanut butter and jelly’s on white bread every day.
But for now I’ll eat my pb&j for breakfast, which is pretty awesome in itself. I created a homemade Peanut Butter and Honey Granola that’s addicting a.f., and layered it with protein-rich Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and jelly.
Depending on your taste preferences, you could also swap out the jelly for fresh fruits like blackberries or blueberries. Or you could even do half jelly and half berries 🙂
Also a PSA: if you didn’t get a chance to see Sunday’s post, The Foodie’s Guide To Israel, I highly recommend (yes I’m biased but who wouldn’t want to see food pics x100)!Print
Peanut Butter and Jelly Yogurt Parfaits
for the peanut butter and honey granola
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey roasted peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (optional)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (optional)
for the parfaits (makes 2)
- 2 cups plain, non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (my fave is the honey roasted from Whole Foods)
- 2 tablespoons jam
- 1 cup peanut butter & honey granola, from above
make the peanut butter and honey granola
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together coconut oil, honey roasted peanut butter, vanilla extract, honey, salt, and cinnamon. Fold in oats, chia seeds, and almonds. If you want a gluten free granola that’s really delicious, stop here. If you want a crunchier granola, fold in whole wheat pastry flour and almond milk.
- Pour granola onto prepared cookie sheet, spreading evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway so it cooks evenly. Granola is done when it’s golden brown. Allow to cool completely before using. You will use some of the granola for the parfaits, but can store the rest in a mason jar or plastic bag for weeks! Makes about 1 quart.
to assemble the parfaits
- Carefully spoon 1/2 cup greek yogurt into the bottom of each mason jar. Spoon in 1/2 tablespoon each of peanut butter and of jelly, then top with 1/4 cup granola. Repeat. How easy is that?!