If you love everything pumpkin, these Pumpkin Truffles are the dessert for you! These Oreo cream cheese truffles have a ton of creamy pumpkin flavor and are so easy to make. They are the perfect sweet treat for fall!
You could say I have an obsession with pumpkin. And by obsession I mean I want to bake everything with pumpkin. Pumpkin brownies, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cinnamon rolls, pumpkin coffee cake, pumpkin donuts (well, I guess I did that one already)…
So like all the things. It’s always this time of year that I stock up on canned pumpkin at the grocery store. Go into my cupboard between now and March and you’ll find at least 2 cans of pumpkin puree. But, you know what? I’m gonna own it. It’s warm and spiced, it adds a fantastic texture to everything, and is a crowd-pleaser. So I will continue to go on my merry way with my pumpkin baking.
This Pumpkin Truffles Are Rich And Delicious
Up now are my pumpkin truffles. They’re small but they’re rich, just the way a truffle should be! And they’re coated with chocolate, a natural pairing.
So enough about pumpkin! Go out, enjoy your fall day, and make these babies when you come home!
These Pumpkin Truffles are the perfect easy dessert for fall. Made with Oreos, cream cheese and pumpkin, they have a ton of creamy pumpkin flavor!
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 20-24 truffles 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
- 15 Golden Oreo cookies
- 5 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- Toothpick or fork for dipping
- In a food processor, grind the Oreos until powdery. Set aside 1-2 tablespoons of crushed Oreos, and mix in a pinch of cinnamon for color.
- Pour the majority of the Oreos into a medium bowl and stir in cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and spices until homogenous. Place mix into refrigerator and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the truffles are cold, using a rounded tablespoon, roll the dough into balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Next, melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring well in between each heating.
- Using a toothpick or fork, dip balls into melted chocolate and return them to the baking sheet to cool. To garnish, sprinkle the 1-2 tablespoons of Oreos set aside from earlier. Place in freezer until hardened. Voilà!
Because of the cream cheese, these truffles should be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days.
If you’re interested in coloring your truffles, I used 2 drops of red food coloring and about 15 of yellow! It gives them a subtle orange tint.
Keywords: pumpkin truffles, pumpkin dessert, cream cheese truffles, oreo cream cheese truffles, truffles recipe, oreo cookie truffles, cookie truffles