These Homemade S’mores Rice Krispie Treats are buttery, marshmallow rice krispie treats loaded with graham crackers, chocolate, and a toasty top. We dare you to eat just one!
S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
If we’ve learned anything about all of you guys this year, it’s that you love s’mores. Hundreds of you have made this beautiful s’mores cakes, munched on these s’mores macarons, and devoured these s’mores cookies. So say hello to your new best friend: Homemade S’mores Rice Krispie Treats AKA buttery, marshmallow Rice Krispie treats loaded with graham crackers, chocolate, and a toasty top.
What Are S’Mores Rice Krispie Treats?
This s’mores rice krispie treats recipe is made with all the usual s’mores suspects: toasted marshmallows, graham crackers, and chunks of Hershey’s milk chocolate bars (duh). Simply make classic Rice Krispie treats with a higher marshmallow to krispie ratio, fold in graham crackers pieces, chocolate chunks and brûlée the top for all that toasty, camp fire-y goodness.
They’re pretty much the best thing ever.
We literally couldn’t stop eating these. No joke, the pan was gone by noon. I ate them for breakfast and lunch, rationalizing that it’s basically a bowl of cereal?
I mean they’re not not cereal, right?
How to Use a Blow Torch for Desserts:
We are no blowtorch experts, but we have figured out a thing or two about them in the name of s’mores rice krispie treats (among other toasty treats).
- Fill the torch UPSIDE DOWN: We didn’t know this at first 🙂 Make sure when you’re filling the torch with the lighter fluid that you flip the torch upside down.
- Invest in a kitchen safe torch: Don’t go trying to toast these Rice Krispies with an industrial blow torch. It’s way too hard to control and downright dangerous.
- Start slow: We’ve all probably toasted a s’more over a campfire, and know that marshmallow can go up in flames pretty easily. Use the same slow and steady method to get that perfectly golden, toasted marshmallow for the top here too!
If blowtorches still freak you out, you can alway forgo the toasty marshmallow top on these delish s’mores rice krispie treats. They will still be to die for.
Plus, these literally take 10 minutes to make, so no excuses.
S’mores Rice Krispie
Take homemade rice krispie treats to the next level with these easy s’mores rice krispie treats with graham cracker crumbs,milk chocolate, and a toasty top!
- Prep Time: 10 mintues
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounces (about 1 1/2 bags) marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 8 large graham crackers (1 sleeve), crumbled into small pieces
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- Grease a 9 x 9 pan with cookie spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and the vanilla extract. Add the marshmallows, using a rubber spatula to stir the marshmallows until fully melted, scraping down the sides to make sure the marshmallows do not burn. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Add the Rice Krispies and graham cracker pieces, folding to coat the cereal and graham crackers evenly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes so that the mixture is not too hot for the chocolate. Add most of the chocolate into the mixture, reserving some for the top. Fold to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing down into an even layer. Press the remaining chocolate into the top of the Rice Krispie treats.
- Use a kitchen blow torch to brûlée the top of the s’mores Rice Krispies. Allow to cool for at least an hour before slicing into twelve Rice Krispie treats. Enjoy!
Keywords: how to make rice krispie treats, chocolate rice krispie treats, smores desserts