The time has come. The time for Chocolate Chip Cookie Crack Pie to have its well deserved resurgence.
And we are here to kick it off.
You probably had Nestle Toll House’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie back in the early 2000’s. Ate least I ate a lot of at back in the day. It was a hit in my home. Incredibly easy to make, packed full of alllll the good stuff (butter, sugar, and chocolate), and absolutely scrumptious.
And, I guess you could say cookie pie has had its time, Sarah, we are on to bigger and better things like fig cheesecakes and vegan cookies.
Well, I’m here to tell you: we are not.
There is nothing bigger or better than this ooey gooey pie. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is still as good as it was back in the day. Just like funfetti cake, cosmic brownies, oatmeal cream pies, and all those other iconic desserts from your childhood.
And this Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is certainly no exception. Buttery, sweet, crunchy, chewy, chocolatey…I could go on, but I’m already drooling, so I’ll stop. If you’ve never had chocolate chip cookie pie, this is your wake up call. It comes together in five minutes and packs all the gooey, chewy, chocolatey flavor of a warm chocolate chip cookie in a buttery, slightly, salty pie crust.
In other words: it is perfect.
Now I know this might not look like much, but Alex proclaimed this the best thing we’ve made all Fall (and we’ve made a lot of tasty desserts this fall). You just have to trust him.
We updated the original recipe from Tollhouse by using browned butter, more brown sugar and less granulated sugar, and adding a splash of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor.
The result is the same deliciously dense, gooey in the middle pie of our childhoods with some slightly more “grown up” flavors.
We actually thought this pie tasted even better cold the next day when all the flavors had some time to settle in!
What are you waiting for?! Go whip up this chocolate chip cookie pie. And an extra scoop of ice cream won’t hurt 🙂Print
Chocolate Chip Cookie Crack Pie
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust dish (store bought or homemade)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, browned
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare pie crust!
- Brown the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Whisking constantly until the butter begins to foam and turn brown. Set aside to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs until light and foamy. Add the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until well combined. Add the cooled browned butter and whisk until completely combined. The mixture will be runny but thick! Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the chocolate chip filling into the prepared pie crust and baked for 1 hour, or until set and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the pie comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a cold glass of milk!